“A Disappointment”

Morgan Creek Vineyards
Ranked #5 of 24 things to do in New Ulm
Reviewed 5 September 2016

A friend & I stopped at Morgan Creek to try their wines. As a volunteer at another Minnesota winery, I wanted to see what other wineries did with some of the same grapes we grew & made wine with. Unfortunately, the whites we tried were light & tasteless, especially the Gewurtztraminer. The Zeitgeist white was a little better, but not much. The St. John Reserve red was just sour & undrinkable. The only one that was halfway decent was the Redtail Ridge red that had an interesting leather note to it. My friend had the same wines I did except she had one other red that she didn't care for. The BBQ chicken pizza I had was lukewarm when it arrived & was nothing special. I have to say I liked the large lawn & the "mighty oak", & the main building was nice. But, I come for the wine first & was not impressed.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Our group of friends made a reservation for lunch and headed to the Vineyard. First, there wasn't a table big enough for us and we were told WE could move chairs. Then, we were told, "Not THOSE chairs. (There were no other customers.) So, we moved other chairs after moving the ones back. Then, the owner brought a wine list. When we said we wanted to eat, too, he said the oven wasn't on and he couldn't serve us. When we said we had reservations, he admitted he hadn't read the email carefully. When we said we would need to leave, since we needed lunch, too (It was 11:30a.m.), he didn't even apologize or offer us a complimentary glass of wine on our next visit or something. Very disappointing!

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

The two of us couples cycled out to the vineyard to sample the many varieties of wines they carry. The owners are the Grandson and his wife of August Shells Brewery in New Ulm, and the Vineyard is located just outside of Searles, Mn.
The vineyard is on a farmsite right along side its namesake creek, and the wine is made in a cavern cut into the hillside which has beautifully landscaped gardens along with outside seating.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

This is a wonderful winery. A slight bit out of the way but that adds a bit of elegance to it. They even have live music and a delicious menu if your hungry. One of our favorites for the area.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

This was a nice peaceful winery in rural MN. The service was a bit slow to start, but it was okay. The wines were okay...not quite enough selection of the non-sweet varieties. The brick-fired pizza was DELICIOUS!