“Restaurant Week & Birthday treat”

Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
Reserve with OpenTable
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in North Oaks
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Rd. J.
Description: Warm. Fresh. Real. Everything at Tria... from the seasonal, made-from-scratch, fresh food, friendly service to the warm and inviting ambience was designed to deliver these three simple qualities. From the moment you enter, it is apparent that Tria is not your ordinary restaurant. The natural woods and stone, wood-burning fireplaces, art and accessories all depict Tria's commitment to creating a delightful dining experience for their guests, offering something for everyone. The menu is fresh regional American and the extensive wine list was created to provide both selection and value (finally a restaurant that provides both!). Recognized as one of the "Twin Cities Best New Restaurants" by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine, the list of accolades continues to grow. You might say that Tria, like their wine, gets better with age. So if you're looking for a night out with someone special, dinner with the family, entertaining clients, or simply enjoying a quick bite with friends, come visit Tria!
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We have been to Tria once before and when we saw that they were participating in restaurant week we couldn't wait to make our reservation. It was also the day after my spouse's birthday. We were greeted by our server Tom who seemed friendly. After asking about their wines he appeared to give us ho-hum answers and didn't try to find out the answers to our questions. When we told him we were here for restaurant week he seemed less happy to serve us. The wine deal on your birthday is great and we do love that. The french onion soup was really good as was the cesear salad. My spouse ordered the lamb which was mismatched in its doneness and was tough. I ordered the fillet. The cook was perfect but the steak was so cold it would not even melt some of the butter on top. The mashed potatoes were lumpy and cold. My spouse sent his meal back and ordered the duck. I had well finished my meal before his ever got to the table. The duck was good. We were told that even though the birthday offer included a desert we could not have that since the menu for restaurant week includes a desert. Also the table next to us celebrated a birthday and they received a candle on their desert. We did not. Walked away happy with the wine, soup, salad and maybe the duck. Not with the service or the rest of the experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Went to Tria for the second time and was completely disappointed. Service took forever and food was cold (ribeye has tarragon butter on top and butter didn't even start to melt) waited 45 (yes 45) minutes for dessert, once arrived ice cream was completely melted (must have been sitting in the window) asked for checks and that took another 30 minutes. I'm still wondering how this restaurant makes it.

MorrisseyHospitality, Public Relations Manager at Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Hi Taunee - we are sorry we didn't live up to your (and our) expectations. I would like to hear more about your experience in order to address with our management team. Could you please email us at social.media@morrisseyhospitality.com? Thank you.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Have eaten here a good handful of times, so I know what to expect. Once again had a very pleasant dinner with delicious food and great service. Walked in at 6:30 on a very busy Saturday, seated right away at a table for two. Can never go wrong with the calamari (with lemon aioli) appetizer. It is truly unique here--you must try it. While my husband tries different things on our visits, I don't waver. No reason to stray from the fettuccine Alfredo with chicken that is ALWAYS prepared to perfection. The beet salad was a big hit with my husband. And just as important is the quality of service. While the kitchen was very busy, our courses were spaced out nicely and the staff very attentive in between. Our server, Ashley, was wonderful. Knowledgeable of the menu, warm conversation to make us feel at home and attentive on a busy night. Excellent. And if she wasn't able to deliver a course as soon as it was ready, someone from the management staff took care of it.
No doubt we'll be back, I'll just work on getting there sooner than the seven months between visits this last time.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We really enjoy Tria and go there a lot. The food is great and the service is superlative. We have one waiter who remembers what drinks we like, what meals we like, even though it may be months between visits.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We went with family to celebrate my brother’s birthday and was goodfood great, great variety of fines and deserts but very slow service