“Disappointed”

El Triunfo
Ranked #27 of 53 Restaurants in Northfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I am half Mexican and really wanted to love this place since I was visiting Northfield. There is a lot of good Mexican food where I live and I was in the mood for a burrito. I orderd the carne Azada burrito and the meat was so tough it was inedible, probably close to the worse meat I've ever eaten and that includes in Mexico.

Maybe it was an off day.

I will try again because their green salsa is very good. I also love the fact there is a small area selling anything you need to make Mexican food at home!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but boy is their food delicious. The tacos and burritos are very popular and good. Very authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Authentic, homemade. Priced very resonably. Having grown up in Colorado I was pleased to find the kind of Mom and Pop spot I miss. Not fancy, but always good.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

I had the best carnitas I have had in years. I grew up in Mexican neighborhood in east Los Angeles and this rivaled many of my friend's mom's dinner. From the outside it doesn't look very attractive. It is casual with orders taken at the counter before sitting at a table. Taqueria style. But if you are looking for good Mexican food you can find it here.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Ordered the much raved about burrito (steak), and expected something really tasty! Was large as others mentioned, but lacked any real flavor. Plus the establishment interior was very dirty, with unappealing appearance. Will skip them in the future.