“Last min. deal/stay”

Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oakdale
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Our stay here was a last min. deal. Nice clean hotel is off the main drag in a new built up area. We did find a spot to eat at but did drive around to find something. Free breakfast is not in the mix but we did not ask or know until we went down the next morn. All you can eat for $10-11 dollars.

Room Tip: Be ready to drive if you want to eat out but not a bad thing just so you know.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Micah C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

We are so glad you took the opportunity to stop by and check us out, Steve. We are very lucky to be in a bustling area with tons of new shopping and restaurants. In fact, right across the street are 6 restaurant options, and more are going up all the time. That doesn't even include our own Garden Grille and Bar, which serves dinner and room service, in addition to the delicious breakfast that you mentioned. While our breakfast is $10.95 for an adult, with this a guest gets a full, buffet-style breakfast, which also includes a chef on-hand for a vast variety of made-to-order items. Guests regularly rate this breakfast as one of the best they have ever had!

Thank you for the review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

I had a free night stay and was so disappointed. I decided to use this with my mom daughter and sister. Make a "girls stay" out of it. The pool was full of drunks and open beer bottle caps. I didn't feel safe taking them swimming. We often heard cursing outside our door and were disgusted because it was never handled by the staff.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Micah C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

I am so sorry to hear about the poor experience you had here, Samantha! I can certainly understand the desire -- and need -- for a quiet, relaxing time with your family, especially considering the enhanced expectations while utilizing a gift certificate for a free night. I was hoping you could take the time to reach out to me at the hotel, so I can personally get to the bottom of when and how this all transpired. Comments like this are quite out of the ordinary for our property, not only in terms of noise complaints of this variety, but also for our pool. We do not allow any food or beverages in our pool area, and that definitely includes any glass bottles with or without caps, so I want to make sure that this gets addressed so it does not repeat itself. Thank you for letting us know about this situation, and I hope you will give us another chance in the future, so you we can show you how great our staff and hotel really are.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Came up for a quick trip to see several groups of friends in WI and MN. Great place to stay in the middle! Quaint. Quiet. Clean. Very friendly staff. Great shopping center across the steet. BWW is calling me!!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the review! I am glad to know that not only were we able to provide a quaint, quiet, clean hotel with friendly staff, but you were also able to take advantage of all the awesome shops and restaurants in our area, including the Buffalo Wild Wings right across. I hope you had a great time with your friends, and we get the pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I'm writing this review specifically to call out the amazing Micah the Manager at Hilton Garden Inn in Oakdale, MN. I recently booked a block of rooms for my daughter's hockey team. I don't know if he ever sleeps, because every time we walked by the front desk, Micah was there to tell the girls good luck with their games. He visited the pool area to hand out pool noodles to all of the girls and left hand-written notes thanking us for our stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
David L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review, Ellen K! We've been incredibly fortunate to have such a dedicated associate as Micah. He's been recently promoted to Assistant General Manager, as a result of his hard work and the consistently amazing feedback we've received from our guests. I'm excited to share your review during our daily team huddle, where we can put the spotlight on Micah and he can continue to lead by example! We can't wait for the next time your hockey team comes to the area, so we can be your hosts' again!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

First time at this hotel. Amazed by how clean rooms are the most amazing and caring staff. Housekeepers leave notes of inspiration to the guests! How neat is that? never seen before and I have stayed at many hotel. Thank you Hilton!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Micah C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Thank you very much for the inspiring review! Our housekeeping staff is the hardest working group that I have ever seen at any hotel I have ever worked at, or stayed at. We are all very proud of them, and I am glad to see you enjoyed their daily messages. Our goal is to make sure that every guest becomes a repeat guest, and I truly hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future!

Thank you one more time, because it is us who should be thanking you for sharing your experience here!

-Micah Coburn
Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakdale
2.3 km away
1.8 km away
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East
2.3 km away
Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale? Share your experiences!