“Good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

All the food is good. But we love the Jake's Wings and Prime Bites for appetizers. We really missed them when they left the New Brighton location.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Each time I've been here over the past year the food and service has declined. Today our server was good but she lacked attention to our table. We had to ask her to refill our coffee several times. She was very nice and polite but I think she had too many tables to cover during our lunch. I ordered the Jake Burger for the first time. It came out medium well instead of medium, the bun had been grilled and was hard. The caeser salad I paid extra for ended up being the best part of the meal. Will consider a new place next time.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

We stopped for Dinner and Drinks on a Thursday evening around 5pm. Seating was immediate and comfortable. Noise level was appropriate near the bar. My wife ordered a Macadamia nut crusted Walleye with garlic mashed potatoes and Asparagus. It was a special and she thought it was excellent. I had the steak fajitas and they were very good with plenty of accompaniments. Our server was right there whenever we needed anything and did an excellent job.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Jake's on a Friday evening. He had a sausage pizza in really enjoyed it and I ordered the salad with grilled salmon on top. It was so delicious. The waitress said they use their own Jake's sauce to give it a nice sweet hot flavor. I enjoyed it so much we went back 2 weeks later and I had the same salad. My husband had a burger that time and he said it was very good. Can't wait to go back and have salmon again. By the way we had good service both visits.

1  Thank Theresa P
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Saturday evening early with a family of four.

All the food was really good. The unusual sausage and shrimp chowder was excellent as were the battered mushrooms (large enough appetizer to serve four people).

The decor is nice and the our server worked hard to give us good service.

Two issues though.

Even though our server was excellent, she was clearly run off her feet. She didn't return to the table to check on us and we had to fetch her to top up our water. She rushed by to other tables a few times without time to stop. We needed her too, as the soup was cold and one of the burgers wasn't made right.

This is a very noisy place. There are no soft surfaces to absorb the sound. When out with the family we like to have conversation - here we had to shout or repeat everything. If they turned down the music it would help.

So come when it's not busy and sit as far as you can from the bar. Enjoy the excellent food.