“Mixed Feelings”
Review of Pratt-Taber Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Wing
Pratt-Taber Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Red Wing B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2015

My husband and I went here for our babymoon back in September -- we love bed & breakfasts because they are more homie and less people stay at them.. They offer a personal touch that hotels just don't offer. We were sadly disappointment as we stayed in the Winter Room with the understanding we would have a bathtub and a fireplace, but we had neither. The room was also very, very dusty and my husband had a hard time sleeping/breathing. The house attendant gave us her cell phone in case we needed anything/had any questions.. The upstairs fridge was not working so we had nowhere to put our food from dinner. We wanted to see if we could use the fridge downstairs, but she didn't answer her phone or return our text messages. The place needs a good deep cleaning as well. I hate to write bad reviews, but when you pay good money you expect to receive the basics. I was glad to get home.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the winter room.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

Loved our trip to the Pratt Taber Inn! Deb and Ron took such good care of us. Breakfast was fantastic, Deb made homemade popcorn and brownies for us, and the Inn was walking distance from many of the shops. I would recommend this Inn to anyone visiting the Red Wing area!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

The inn is located in a lovely part of Red Wing, walking distance to all dining options and shopping here. The house itself is a gorgeous period home, with modern amenities. I do wish that the air-con units weren't so noisy though, didn't get a great nights sleep as it woke me up every time it started up, even with the fan on low. Didn't get to try breakfast as we had to leave early, but did try Deb's brownies which were great!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanne S
Reviewed 11 August 2015

My partner and I just returned from a fantastic weekend away at the Pratt-Taber Inn. I have been to numerous B&B's and this was truly the best. Deb and Ron (and Ellie and Maxwell) were beyond gracious. The food was wonderful and the inn was filled with positive energy and historic charm. We will most certainly be returning and will also tell all of our friends to be sure to make the trip from Minneapolis. Thanks for a relaxing get-away, complete with story-telling, animal petting, and relaxation.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2015

This fully restored, 1870s Italianate, Victorian home is a charmer! Especially great if you value historic experiences. Pick any of the four rooms--although, the "Winter Room" faces towards Barn Bluff, and enjoys the morning sun. Extravagant breakfast served--had French toast, with blueberries and strawberries (served with real fresh whipped cream), and bacon, when I stayed there. The owner enjoyed telling about the restoration process! Don't miss sitting on the Pratt-Taber porch--as Garrison Keillor wrote about some years ago! Highly recommended if you are considering a stay in the Red Wing, Goodhue County area!

Room Tip: "Winter Room" has great view of Barn Bluff, and eastern morning sunshine.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo