All reviews winter room brownie anniversary weekend wine and cheese breakfast meals hear how restaurants and shops bed and breakfast get away great hosts great weekend two night stay both mornings delightful experience fantastic breakfast guest rooms ron
Reviewed 26 November 2015

From the moment we met Deb, we felt very welcomed. The accommodations were an eclectic mix of French country and Victorian antiques and collectibles.
It is obvious that Deb has an eye for design. We stayed in the "Spring Room" and were very pleased. The breakfasts were outstanding. The Inn was located within easy reach of the downtown and the pottery district.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon F
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

As a girlfriend getaway, the Winter Room was perfect! The house was inviting and comfortable, and the evening brownies were such a great touch. The hospitality was amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cathy O
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Our experience at the Pratt Tabor was exceptional. The property and house is beautiful and authentic, clean and well maintained. My husband and I had a very small, private wedding ceremony in the living room and could not be more please with the location and the intimacy of our ceremony. Debbie is wonderful and made us feel very comfortable and at home. We made all wedding arrangements separately, and she then opened the inn to us as if we were her own family. Worked with us to make the event special, and was accommodating and flexible for our vendors. She was gracious with letting us roam around the property to take wedding photos that turned out beautifully.

If you are wanting to have a small family wedding, or just a quaint vacation, I highly recommend the Pratt Tabor Inn in Red Wing. The town is very small and sweet, with beautiful river front and cozy shops.

Ps, the breakfasts were also amazing.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LMWalker1024
Reviewed 9 November 2015

We stayed in the Summer room for 3 nights. I believe the room was one of the smaller ones, but it was perfect size for my husband and I. It is situated in the back corner of the house, so we never heard other guests coming and going. Because there are rail lines that run through Red Wing you can hear trains periodically, but it wasn't something that we really noticed. We never looked out our windows (we only slept in the room), so I can't comment on the view, but I would say based on the location of the Bluffs in relation to the house, if you wanted to see them then you would want to stay in one of the other rooms.
My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the bed was! It is a softer mattress, so those that prefer a firm mattress may not want to chose this room. The electric fireplace warmed the room nicely, and the attached bathroom had a wonderful clawfoot tub/shower.
For breakfasts Deb made french toast, spinach/feta/tomato frittata, and eggs benedict. All three breakfasts were delicious, and in the evening, Deb's brownies were amazing! Both Deb and Ron are wonderful hosts, and Deb offered great recommendations for antique shops, restaurants and scenic drives. It is located really close to the downtown area, Barn Bluff and Memorial Park. While driving through the neighborhood we also noted several other hiking signs for trails nearby.

We have stayed in multiple B&B's and this one was one of our favorites. We would recommend to those looking for a weekend getaway, or for a place to stay while attending a nearby event. We hope to stay here again sometime!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LEE7688
Reviewed 27 October 2015

My husband and I went here for our babymoon back in September -- we love bed & breakfasts because they are more homie and less people stay at them.. They offer a personal touch that hotels just don't offer. We were sadly disappointment as we stayed in the Winter Room with the understanding we would have a bathtub and a fireplace, but we had neither. The room was also very, very dusty and my husband had a hard time sleeping/breathing. The house attendant gave us her cell phone in case we needed anything/had any questions.. The upstairs fridge was not working so we had nowhere to put our food from dinner. We wanted to see if we could use the fridge downstairs, but she didn't answer her phone or return our text messages. The place needs a good deep cleaning as well. I hate to write bad reviews, but when you pay good money you expect to receive the basics. I was glad to get home.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the winter room.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple