All reviews murphy bed hard boiled eggs yogurt would stay here again beds were comfortable continental breakfast a great stay sized bed lobby dishwasher mn cleanliness dresser accommodations rates fireplace
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Myself, husband, dad, and 14 month old daughter stayed in a kitchenette room this last weekend and it was perfect for us. The hotel does not have child cribs, but the bed was large enough to where we just co-slept with our daughter so it wasn't a deal-breaker and my dad slept in the main living space in the queen Murphy bed. Plenty of space for the kiddo to run around in the room which was great. There are a lot of TV channels available and 202 is the channel with all of the educational PBS shows. There is a high chair down in the lobby/breakfast area and plenty of basic breakfast options every morning. I didn't eat there every morning, but the only hot food items were Belgian waffles; everything else was pre-made/packaged pastries, breads, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, etc. The coffee was good and is available all day. There are three floors and lots of parking. A luggage cart is available which helped us move everything in one trip from the car to the room. The AC works great, the room was clean, and beds were comfortable. All hotel staff were all very friendly.

The room had a stove top (no oven), kitchen sink, dishwasher, small coffee maker, a ton of cupboard space, standard sized fridge, and enough utensils, pots, bowls, glasses, etc for what we needed it for; although, we could have used a wine bottle opener. There is a murphy bed that comes down from the wall in the main living space and a separate room with a big closet, dresser, and king sized bed. The bathroom is small, but the lighting and magnifying mirror was BRIGHT and easy to apply makeup.There are two doors into the bathroom; one from the main living space and one from the bedroom which was convenient. The fridge was large to hold beverages (beer incl), a gallon of milk, case of water, fruit, yogurt, etc. We used the freezer only for our ice packs for baby food/milk when traveling in and around town, but it is ample for a few items.

We were on the 3rd floor with two large wedding parties across the hall. You could hear them partying while in the hall, but once we got into the room, it was quiet and we were none-the-wiser.

The water is soft and it always feels like your hands or body is slimy, but I don't know if that is the hotel's fault. Also, the shower is a bit tricky so look for the sign on how to use it.

Overall, the hotel is definitely worth the price and is close to pretty much everything the town has to offer. I wasn't sure what to expect from Red Wing, but it is quaint, clean, easy to navigate, and everyone is very friendly.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped in after a long day's drive on a 2 week road trip. The young lady at the front desk was a real winner. A most helpful and efficient host. The room was very nice, clean, and well appointed. Well worth the price we paid. No problems noted. The front desk suggested - Friday Night Fish Fry was also grand. A very nice stay in Red Wing!

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Herman H
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I did an overnight in Red Wing, MN at the Nichols Inn. It was a good choice in our opinion. The Inn was conveniently located, clean, quiet and comfortable. Parking and the complimentary breakfast were more than adequate. The gentleman at the front desk was amiable at check in. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Four couples traveled together, only one couple had no issues here.
I checked in first, the room appeared clean at first, then I found the toilet was plugged, all water had drained too. I was back at the desk before my friends finished checking in and was upgraded to a suite.
On my way to the suite one of my friends was on her way back because their room hadn't been cleaned at all, bad unmade, wet towels on floor, they had to store luggage in another friend's room while the front desk staff cleaned it.
During the night the 3rd couple her someone using a key card to unlock their door and only the bar/hinge lock kept them from entering, the next morning T check out the staff said the room she was trying to pay for had not bee. Rented out the night before, it was quite a snafu and left us wondering if they thought the room was vacant why someone tried to gain. Entry in the middle of the night
In our suite I noticed a fresh looking blood spot on my husband's pillow case and went to check his face, but his skin was perfectly intact, so the blood wasn't from us! I think they made the bed with out changing the sheets.

The staff was apologetic as issue came up, but didn't seem all that surprised.
We will not be staying at this hotel again

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Warm, welcoming hotel—Dawn at front desk is the best! Clean, neat rooms, simple and satisfying continental breakfast. Great value for the money, easy to find, plenty of parking. Wish the smoking area hadn’t been next to our A/C unit.

Date of stay: June 2018