“Terrible communication as to reservations and seating!!!! (Good Food)”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Get food delivered
Ranked #48 of 307 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2021

First I would like to say the food is great and our sever was excellent! I called on Thursday and Friday to let them know I would be arriving at 1pm on a Saturday for my grandmothers 93rd birthday and requested the Captains room for a party of 6, which was at this time the maximum to be seated together due to the Covid -19 orders by the governor. I specifically asked more than once (again even calling twice) to make sure it was all set because 3 other times (which I told them) they had totally screwed up and nothing was ready causing us to wait for a long time. Well they SUCCEDED IN SCREWING THIS ONE UP TOO and on top of it all they had just seated a party of 10 up in the Captains room which are party of 6 was supposed to be in!!! We ended up having to go outside and wait with my 93 yr old grandmother (thank goodness it was reasonably warm )with her walker and wait an additional 20 minutes or more! This place needs to get their crap together and should have a reservation book for special occasions/large groups or some kind of system that works. Never have I had this problem at any other restaurant in Rochester, MN and will no longer have special occasions held at Red Lobster! Staff did apologize for the inconvenience but the whole thing had already ruined our groups excitement for the celebration of her birthday. If she is lucky enough to enjoy another birthday with us it won't be at Red Lobster!

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (157)

Reviewed 22 March 2020 via mobile

Oh, boy. This was seriously so bad I would rate it a negative 1 if possible. It pains me to write this as I actually really have liked this restaurant in the past. In January, my family went for my birthday. The food was tasty but the service was terrible. Our server disappeared, charged me for the wrong meal and wouldn’t correct it, etc. I chalked it up to a new poorly trained server. However, we ventured back in February for another try. It was twice as bad that time. Our server let us sit for ten minutes without drinks. I got up to ask another server for them. Next, our good was delivered and then, our server disappeared never to o be seen again. I had to find a server to get tartar sauce which we did order but wasn’t served to us. Next, I had to go on a treasure hunt to find some to go boxes. I then paid at the table using the credit card machine as our server was nowhere to be found. I then had to leave a tip on the machine as it automatically included 15% as the lowest gratuity possible. I felt like I should have gotten a tip for all the chasing around I had to do. I have worked in the restaurant indicates and this was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. I will not go back. Ever.

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank Lisahappyday
ClawdeL, Marketing at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2020

We value our guests and we are very sorry to hear about your bad experience. We'd like to learn more so we can try to make this right for you and also prevent similar situations happening in the future. Would you be able to give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience?

Reviewed 18 January 2020

We needed to get a good meal after traveling to Rochester, Red Lobster did not disappoint again. We ate there a couple of years ago while in town for Dr. appts.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank 536stacyc
ClawdeL, Marketing at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

We're so glad to hear you had an amazing time at our Rochester Red Lobster!

Reviewed 21 November 2019

On the way to Rochester, one in our group of 7 called ahead for a reservation. We were told 40 min. When we arrived, we told them that we were there and was told that it would be "just a few minutes". We stood in the bar area and saw a table that would hold 7 people, but thought it was for someone else. Several more large tables opened up while waiting. We also heard someone that did not call ahead come in, and they were seated within a few minutes.
After waiting about another 15 min, our son went and asked what was happening and we were told 40 min, and it is now over 60 min.
The young girl said soon. Finally, after over 90 min of waiting and seeing many other large groups get seated, we got seated, at the table that had been open since we arrived. WOW!
Waitress Sarah came and helped us right away.
Unfortunately when our son tried to order Coconut Shrimp, she said they were out. She also explained that it was out in all Red Lob, for a few weeks. We appreciated that she told us the reason. A week earlier, he was in Mankato and they did not say why they were out and he thought it was just that Red Lob. location.
We have not been to this location for many years and don't plan to return for a long time after this bad experience.

Date of visit: November 2019
ClawdeL, Owner at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2019

Hi, Carl. We're sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience at our Rochester restaurant and we'd like to learn how we can make this better. Would you be able to give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience?

Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

The service here was inconsistent. The waitress was attentive but our drinks fro the bar came after our meal because they had a to go order that he needed to attend to. The popcorn and fried shrimp were both soggy, like they had been sitting for a while. More expensive than I recalled in the past.

Date of visit: November 2019