“Family Dinner”
Review of 300 First

300 First
Reserve with OpenTable
300 First is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 308 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I'm going to start this by saying I consider myself to be a foodie. My husband and I love a venture into new restaurants, of any cuisine. We have had great food from a side of the road shack to 5 Stars restaurants. Food is our hobbie.
While visiting family in Rochester, my niece made reservations for us at 300 1st. there were eight of us for dinner. We chose Mussels for the table appetizer, fresh and simply prepared in a whit wine sauce. Our entre's were Walleye Fish & Chips, Apple Butter Salmon (my choice), Large Sea Scallops, and Filet Mignon. I can honestly say I tasted each dinner and found it difficult to say which was my favorite, they were simply delicious. Perfectly cooked, absolutely fresh, each paired with a perfect compliment to the star of the dish.
Our waitress was delightful, friendly, attentive without interrupting, and was able to answer any questions we had about our dinners or our wine and beer choices.
I highly recommend 300 1st.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Reasonable choice for starters and main courses at correct prices. Have been there a couple of times on business dinners. The seating could be more comfortable, but generally cosy atmosphere where you can actually hold a conversation without being too loud. Service is average.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

We had to try this place we had been hearing rave reviews. I am not sure but I think we must have hit them on a bad day. The service was sluggish and the food was not all we had expected. We will likely try again to see it that was the case. Maybe our expectations were too high?

Reviewed 19 December 2016

we decided to go to the restaurant and try a new place. It was sat. night and not too busy. we had to shag down some to get us a table although we had reservations. it was early and not all that busy but the greeter was over with some friends. Got our table and some water. Waited 20 min . for a waitress. Had to again shag one down.
Food was average, but pricey.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

A gift card from friends to this great place found us celebrating our anniversary with something new. Loved the atmosphere, right off the bat! Excellent service- attentive without being pesky, informative, and genuinely nice. My pear martini was pure bliss in a glass, and both of our entrees and sides were beautifully presented, plentiful, and really delicious. Thinking we just might have to return again, whether celebrating or not- this entire experience was lovely, delicious, relaxing, and nice.

Thank Janelltheowl .