“Smoked meats and southern sides”

John Hardy's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #44 of 308 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 July 2016

A very popular place for lunch - lots of locals. We had brisket and pulled pork with JoJo potatoes. The brisket had an amazing smoky flavor. Garlic bread an excellent side. Other sides were okra, baked beans, green beans, and corn. JoJo potatoes are sliced and fried.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Visited with family who recently relocated here. Excellent BBQ spot! More food than I could handle, even when starved and ordering on the conservative side. Try all of their BBQ sauces if you like hot and spicy. Had pork and beef, tried my brother's order of ribs that were fall-off-the-bone, and loved the JoJos. Friendly staff, fast service, and garlic bread to fill the gaps....mmmmm!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

A friend and I were on a BBQ tour in the area and John Hardy's BBQ was recommended as being a good spot. We decided to try it out and I'll echo the service not being particularly great, but friendly. I was looking forward to some good ribs for dinner after a long day. Both my friend and I ordered half racks. The ribs arrived and looked good but that's as far as it went.

The ribs were trimmed to include the rib tips with the cartilage and all included. The outsides of the ribs were hard and virtually inedible, the undersides were tough but edible and lacked flavor. Neither of us finished our ribs, leaving at lest two bones on our plates. My friend had the potatoes (they were out of french fries, how does that happen?), slaw was good.

It could be that they just don't do ribs well, they were overcooked, OR that the ribs we got were reheated (most likely). Other folks had pork and other meats and seemed to be enjoying them. I won't find out as i am not likely to get back there in my travels.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This place has the best BBQ around. The service is not great by any means so don't expect much there but their food is well worth it. It's always fast and very reasonably priced. The garlic bread is awesome, their meats are all wonderful, and their Jojos are everyone's favorite.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

My son and I took some time alone while mom and brothers were off to camp to go exploring food places in Rochester and when I mentioned BBQ, he replied with "what's that"? John Hardy's was my 1st choice. Since we were coming from the north, I picked the one along 52. We both had the beef and pork with okra and black eyed peas. Love the sauces. Great choices and staff!

Been to John Hardy's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!