“Proper Texas BBQ ”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #64 of 307 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Had the All American BBQ Feast between 4 of us. I started with trying the excellent skin-on potato fries/wedges with a special rub and then the beans and potato salad and corn cobs and thought they were good, but then I tried the chicken and pulled pork and they were amazing. But they all became insignificant to the rack of ribs.... tender meat beautifully cooked and the flavour to die for, crowned with the cornbread muffins which I have never tried before but are now a favourite!

All of this with draught craft beer and service 2nd to none. This will be a family birthday to remember for a long time.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Went to Famous Dave's for lunch the other day - great ribs! Service was awesome, too! Portion size is perfect and the price was very acceptable. Love this rib place!!

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

We visited the restaurant later on a Saturday evening - about 8:30 p.m. My husband loves BBQ and wanted the chance to check out this Famous Dave's. The restaurant was oddly quiet for a Saturday night. However, the service was average to good. The food was fine. Having eaten true Texas BBQ previously a chain like Famous Dave's has a hard time holding up to the standard. Although expensive by our standard, portions are large. Neither of us were able to finish our meals. With that, if you're looking for a BBQ fix this Famous Dave's is a fine substitute.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Each time I've. Even here I've enjoyed the food and the service has also been good.
The devils spit boneless wings are my favorite!

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Hostess was very honest and told us it would be a long wait so we opted for take out.
We sat at the bar and ordered drinks. They need to hire a knowledgeable bartender.
Stick with beer or a drink that only requires a shot and water or soda. The take out was great. Ribs were tender and meaty, the potato salad is excellent, beans with just the right about of sauce but the honey corn muffins just fall apart. Good value