“Terrific Brisket”

Add it.
Dickey's
Ranked #187 of 306 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Located in a strip mall, one would believe it has your usual flavor, however you will be fooled. Outstanding Beef Brisket!

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I am not sure how this place went downhill so fast.... No more ice cream machine.....sad... It used to be really good food, and great service...

we visited on a Sunday night at 5pm in August... 2 guys working were busier watching TV than helping us... I got the Brisket and they microwaved it.... awesome, NOT..........GROSS...... as a side I got the mac and cheese and it was pure GLUE....

Clean up the act... !!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We have kept stopping in every couple months and trying Dickeys here in Rochester. Now we are tough judges on places like this since both my wife and I are KCBS BBQ judges, and we used to live in Texas.

In fact we have eaten in the original Dickeys too. So we like the decor and the large yellow cups, and free ice cream. As others have mentioned, the meats are often cooled off by the time you get your food, and the meat and beans sometimes has a burnt taste to it.

Also the grease needs to drained off in the southern pride more often, as the ribs and brisket sometimes ends up with a bitter taste on them. This is either poor fire management, which is hard to do in the SP. Or you are leaving the meats on too long under a heavy smoke. Or you are letting your runoff in the bottom of the pit smoke which results in the bitter taste.

As others have pointed out,please have one of the staff actually do a deep cleaning on the bathroom.

The last issue is order management. In addition to the minor problems with the meats which can be fixed, is that out of the three times we have come through the drive through, at least be item in our order has been wrong twice.

So in total we have given it five tries. We will wait another month or so and give it another try. Hang in there. We will give ya another try.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

After reading other reviews I was optimistic when I walked in with my coupon for a free sandwich with the purchase of a large drink. I carried out two sandwiches, three sides, and a glass of root beer.

First the good:
The coleslaw was the best thing we had. It was almost exactly like KFC's slaw when it is fresh. The cabbage wasn't chopped in as small of pieces as KFC, which I appreciated. Also, the sandwich wrapping paper was heavy brown paper with a coating on the side by the sandwich. Very nice rustic delivery. And the young man who helped me was obviously new but he was great. I didn't get his name.

Now the not-so-good:
Hunks of fat in with the brisket that could have easily been kept out, as the guy cut the meat for my sandwiches after I ordered. The brisket really lacked flavor which made me sad because so many others have said it was the best meat on the menu. The sauce to put on the sandwich was ok, but a little on the runny side. The sandwich was also much smaller than I thought it would be. The barbecue beans were very dark in color and must have had too much liquid smoke or something because they tasted burnt. The jalapeno beans were mushy red beans, like you'd find in chili. There were no jalapeno slices like in the picture online. Outside of being a little spicy, they were pretty blah. My wife dumped her extra BBQ sauce in them to try and give them flavor. Didn't help. Some have said the buns were great but to me they were like a Hawiian bun but without the yummy flavor.

I could have spent less money at any other place but I had the coupon so it was reasonable.

I'd rather have the brisket sandwich at Arbys or the brisket at Famous Dave's and the baked beans: nobody does them better than John Hardy's.

The difference between poor and terrible is a thin one. I took the high road.
We will not be back.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Besides outstanding BBQ the entire staff was friendly, outgoing and welcoming. Resturant was very clean. Casual atmosphere as well as carry out. We enjoyed chopped barbecued brisket sandwiches and "sides." Very reasonably priced. On our next trip from Texas we WILL stop and eat again maybe the rack of ribs!