“Needs a big remodling.”

Norwwod Inn & Suites Roseville
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed 26 July 2016

When I got to the hotel at ten pm , the desk clerk were rude, check in time was after 3 pm. The hotel hallways smelled and looked very old . I couldn't get my room key card to work , I had to swipe it about five different times before it would work. I could not get the tv in the room on local tv channels. I told the front desk , they told me to turn it on a different channel and then it will turn on the local channels, tried that still could not get local channels. Bath tub had a big crack that was poorly patch, toilet was plug. When I went on the hotel computer to change my road trip and wanted to print it out ,( they didn't have a printer for guest, only the hotel desk employees,) when I asked the clerk about a guest printer he was rude, ask me why I wanted to change my directions when I already had directions , explained to him I don't want toll roads. Then he printed it out , but charged me for using their printer.

Room Tip: Want a very cheap room for one night then book there.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Our hotel was not booked when we arrived even though we had a confirmation number. To apologize we were told we'd be upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite. When we entered the room it was nothing more than a queen bed with a Jacuzzi in the corner that was still full of water from the last person. The air conditioning and TV did not work. The curtain was off the window and had been "tied" to the sheer to add privacy and it also was clothes pinned together with the clip hangers from the closet rack. There were not towels and there were live bugs in the bathroom including worms, a spider and a type of roach. The sheets did not fit the bed and came off as we slept so we ended up on the bare mattress. I would commend Brad and Dean, staff who were embarrassed and helpful and they did deliver the towels and a new TV. I feel this room was not meant to be rented and we were stuck there because our reservation had not made it into the system and the hotel was full. Rather than sending us packing down the street or to another hotel they tried to accommodate us and should not have. Breakfast was continental and nothing hot. Location was wonderful for shopping and the Twins game, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We stayed here 4 years ago when it was a Super 8 and it really seems as though not much has changed. While the staff was OK, we were unable to get a working wif- connection until Saturday afternoon - a day after we arrived. There were burn holes in the sofa in our room, no drain cover/plug whatsoever in the bathroom sink, and a couple other items I noted that I can't remember now since it's been over 2 months that we stayed. The fact that TripAdvisor showed a reminder for me to do a review is the only reason I'm doing it now and the fact that I remember the hotel's condition is a testament to its rating -- I'm not really a picky person when it comes to hotels and generally will stay in one of the least expensive tier of hotels if/when I travel. While i felt safe and the surrounding location is decent enough, their guests do reflect a population that is going for THE lowest price hotel around. The Motel 6 and Radisson Hotel are other choices in the area if you're looking. There are plenty of well known restaurants and the Rosedale Center mall located within a half mile or so. This is a great location for the price if you're visiting students at UM but I think the hotel's condition better fits a price $10-20 lower, even for the city's outskirts.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
RedRoofRoseville, General Manager at Norwwod Inn & Suites Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. We are working towards resolving the issues that you mentioned here.

We sincerely appreciate the time and effort on your part to let us know how we are doing and how can we improve ourselves.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

We chose this Red Roof for the location, and we should have gone with a better hotel in a different neighborhood. First, we were told the WiFi wouldn't work with Mac products. As WiFi doesn't discriminate between platforms, how could this be possible? Next, the water pressure in the shower was miserable. Then the TV turned out to have 7 channels that repeated three times. And finally, the housekeeping staff apparently decided that they didn't have to clean our room EVER. After the third time I complained to the front desk staff—on the third day of our stay—we finally got clean towels and a perfunctory wipe of our bathroom sink and tub. I couldn't wait to leave this down-at-the-heels Red Roof. We'd always depended on this change for a solid standard of serviceability and cleanliness—now we'll have to be more cautious when booking a Red Roof.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay at our place. Please be ensured that sincere efforts are being given to address the issues reported here. We are hoping that your next time will be upto the expectation.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

This hotel is sketchy at best. Lots of people wandering about, but not sure if they were sleeping there or just hanging around. We just needed a place to shower and sleep so we were in and out and it met our needs. Every other hotel in the area was twice the price for the night were were staying so we took a chance. The hotel clerk, as many others have commented, was fantastic! The room was clean.

Room Tip: Recommend being as far from the lobby and pool as possible due to the high volume of people hanging...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
RedRoofRoseville, Manager at Norwwod Inn & Suites Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Dear Guest,

The management apologizes if you have felt uncomfortable during your stay with us. But our records show no unpleasant or unsolicited activities occurring on the property in the recent times.