“Your Typical Bar & Grill Type”

Brother's Bar and Grill
Ranked #53 of 169 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Made a decision to check out Brother's Bar & Grill. When you first come in it's your typical Sports Bar & Grill, which is great to me. We sat in the back near the opened garage door to get some of that fresh air. Chairs seemed a little low in height for the high-top tables but it wasn't too uncomfortable. When the waitress came and gave us our menu's she did the typical server question about drinks.....I asked for a drink menu hoping for a good selection of brews based on what I could see from our table it looked like they had a pretty good amount of taps. Once we got the drink menu it was far from stellar, actually pretty bleak and they were out of around 5-8 different beers. Either they had multiple taps serving the same beer or just didn't have their taps full as the entire tap beer list had maybe 15 total. Went for an old favorite Surly Furious since they didn't have too much on there. And a staple when I like to go out, if it's on the menu, is fried pickles. Their fried pickles were great...not too much batter but just enough for the crunch. The pickles weren't soggy in the middle either. We had ordered a French Dip Sandwich & Grilled Chicken Sandwich both of which were great! The grilled chicken had some spice to it which gave it great flavor and the French Dip was seasoned perfectly and accompanied by their version of Au Jus. The fries were hot, fresh and crispy as well. Overall the food was amazing but the beer choice and service lacked during the visit. Our server wasn't the most attentive one in the building and we even had two different servers actually deliver our food to our table. If they would have been on top of their game they probably would have been able to get another beer or two out of each of us since the Sunday Night Football game was on but instead that was the reason we decided to leave and head back for home to check the game out instead. The atmosphere of this place is pretty great too with an garage door that leads to the outside patio and they are situated right downtown near a few other places to check out as well.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Perfect evening - we had a large group and everyone was so helpful. Food was great and the service was fantastic. It was a busy Saturday night and our wait time was not bad at all

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Drinks are watered down very watered down. Waitress was non-communicative when two out of 8 meals were dropped and had to be remade. So 2 of us sat and watched everyone else eat. Then I didn't get any tarter sauce with my fish sandwich. Serving drinks were slow and table never cleared off. Just really lousy service. This was my second visit with lousy service and won't be going back.

Bar B, Manager at Brother's Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear sir or madam,

First off, I would like to apologize for your negative experience that day here at Brothers Bar and Grill. It is because of customers like you, that make us better than we were the day before. I'd like to talk to you more about this. Can you provide your contact information to me? My email address at brothers.stcloud@landlcompanies.com. I want to make this right.

Again, I apologize for the issues that you had that day, and really appreciate you sending us your feedback.

Thank you!

Mark Bernadot
General Manager- Brothers Bar and Grill, St Cloud, MN

Reviewed 24 October 2015

We stopped here looking for an old tavern that no longer exists. We decided to stay and have lunch. Ordered a French dip sandwich to split. It is served with a cup of French onion soup for dip instead of au jus. What a delightful surprise. Although the service was rather slow, the food was well worth the wait.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

We made a surprise visit to Minnesota to See Howie Zimmer the owner of this bar and many others, We were in Minnesota for 6 nights and loved every minute. This bar is a great bar for sports fans for sure.We can not wait to go back for another visit