“Great Sushi and Great Service”

Haiku Japenese Bistro
Ranked #599 of 928 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Reviewed 14 March 2015

We go here every couple of months and it occurred to me that I review restaurants on vacation but don't recommend restaurants in my back yard for those unfamiliar with the area. We love the sushi here. Very fresh and beautifully presented. The soup is delicious. I have had the vegetable dumplings for an appetizer. The dumplings are soft and delicate. Their drink prices are a bargain compared to most similar restaurants. The space is beautiful. It is in a suburban strip mall but once you walk in, you would never think so. The service is very attentive and prompt, although English is not the first language of most (maybe any) of the servers and chefs--always a good thing for an ethnic restaurant in my view. My favorite local Japanese restaurant is Sakura, downtown St. Paul, but Haiku compares very favorably.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

I have visited this establishment several times with my family and the food is pretty good overall. I visited about a week ago when it was not crowded at all and I was not pleased with the service. Our server forgot to bring a few items and was slow to take our orders.

1  Thank MKEGUY53066
Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

Yummy yummy yummy! If you like fantastic food this is the place to go! My husband an I started going for Chinese food. Went here instead. Excellently surprised. We had shrimp dumplings to start. That shrimp I had was perfectly cook the dough was fantastic! Chef husband ordered hibachi vegetables with stir fried rice. Wasnt on the menu. This was the most perfect bowl of fried rice I've ever had. Seriously.
I cant wait to go back.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

We have eaten at the is restaurant more consistently than any other in the Twin Cities area. We have enjoyed many of it's appetizers including the sushi and found it fabulous. I eat gluten-free and they are able to give me many choices as they have made their dips and sauces for me. Love their hibachi dinners with the choice of meat, chicken or several types of seafood and their fabulous onion soup. We have eaten here over 8 times in 6 months and never have been disappointed. This restaurant is actually in Mendota Heights (a suburb of St. Paul) in an unassuming strip mall. It is wonderfully & freshly decorated and if available, the booths are great - both cozy and more private than the tables. Their regular website does not carry the extensive menu but may on their social media sites. (Trip Advisor - correct spelling of Japanese in name!)

1  Thank JOtto62
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Found this place because of a Groupon. Loved the ambience, food was great, service was very good. Even though this restaurant is located in a strip mall, the ambience is nicer then other sushi restaurants we have been to recently. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank turnermpls