“Expected more for the price”
Review of Meritage

Meritage
Ranked #12 of 949 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Very disappointing. First the Mimosa, too expensive for the poor quality. Besides, it was served in what ever glasses they had. Not in a flute stem glass as should be. The quality of the champagne, if it was champagne, terrible. Worst head ache ever. The Pomme frites, poor, over cooked. The hamburgers could have been better. You can get better hamburgers anywhere. They were lukewarm They charge 2.50 for less than an Oz. of Bearnaise sauce. Ridiculous. The quiche was dry. It looks like it was baked at 5 in the morning. Nothing was aceptable for what they say they are. No more Meritage. There are many excellent restaurants for a better quality and service.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We loved the seafood appetizer, which featured an icy tower of oysters, crab, and jumbo shrimp. The entrees were delicious, including the vegetarian pastry entree. The bread was crusty, fresh, and hot. The mocktails were light and delicious.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

There is no doubt that this restaurant offers some of the best fine dining in the Twin Cities, but after a recent week night dinner experience there, I came to the reluctant conclusion that the evening had been spoiled by the inability to communicate not only with others at my table but also with the otherwise attentive wait staff. When my server had to verify my order of skate three times, finally resorting to screaming "fish?" at me so as to make sure I wasn't ordering steak, it was clear that the combined effect of the sound system and the raised voices of other diners made normal conversation impossible. I just returned from a six-week trip to France where noise levels in restaurants contribute to civilized dining. I so hoped that a great restaurant like Meritage would be able to provide a comparable ambiance.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Fabulous service, outstanding food, especially the mushroom,leek,emantaller thing with the grilled bread, and that outrageous layered cake fantasy!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We've been dining here several time a year, generally before the opera or a show at the Ordway. It was enlarged several years ago and seafood choices such as oysters added. I would classify the menu as Brasserie/ Bistro type French. I used to delight ordering sweetbreads but as of late not having seen them on the menu I have been reduced to my usual Matzoh Ball Soup and Steak Frites, But of my fellow diners last night, two had the vegetarian dish which they swooned over and the other was equally pleased with the scallops. The wine list ain't cheap, but we had the Boardeaux Inferieur er I mean Superieur at $36 which is their house red. Over the years there has been no drop off in the food or service, but we have noticed a decided upward trend in prices. But that's the usual case when you want a decent meal these days.

Been to Meritage? Share your experiences!