“Excellent!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2018

The French Onion soup is spectacular, not to be missed. I had the lamb shank, which was excellent but not unique or original. It was just a refined version of a meal I have had before. The Creme Brulee was superb. This restaurant is in the same league with Forepaugh's and Alma. The food at Alma I consider the best, and the atmosphere at Forepaugh's is superior, but Meritage is certainly close to both of these restaurants in quality and atmosphere. My wife and I will definitely be dining at Meritage again.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent service and delicious food but a few correctable problems. Our table setting lacked several pieces of flatware as well as salt and pepper. Soup of the day was served tepid and had to be returned for re-heating. Bread plates were removed prematurely. Otherwise excellent meal. Restaurant is very noisy but worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Meritage has found it's identity in St Paul as a true French Bistro's. It is not haute-cuisine, but rather serves classical french dishes well prepared with a Parisienne flare. For us it is the perfect place to enjoy a light supper after listening to the SPOC, or beforehand for that matter.
Cheers

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My cousins and I were searching for a place for breakfast on a Sunday near the Intercontinental hotel. We stumbled across Meritage. It looked like a French bistro with chairs outside. This was the best breakfast I have ever had. I got the omelet du jour with ham and fenil and house potatoes. The potatoes were deceiving. They looked dry and possibly overcooked, but were not! Flavor packed with a rosemary type flavor. The bacon was no ordinary bacon but was also seasoned. Plus, they make fresh squeezed orange juice right there for the mimosas.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

They have the best asparagus menu. We sat at the bar and started with escargot and oysters on the half shell, all very delicious. We ordered off of the asparagus menu and had the Halibut and the diced asparagus with bacon. We shared those two items. The Halibut was a small portion, but it was perfectly cooked. It melted in your mouth!! for desert we had the asparagus ice cream, and that was also amazing. We will definitely be back.

Been to Meritage? Share your experiences!