DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown
US$158
US$136
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$93
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$141
US$123
US$139
  • Pool
US$125
Hyatt.com
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 340(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$158
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

Covington Inn(Saint Paul)
US$165
All reviewscookiesdouble treewedding weekendnice hotelfew blocksfridge and microwavebusiness tripthe room was niceshuttle servicebeds were comfortablelight railwild gametwin citiesxcel energy centerparkingpaulst
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Almost never stay in st.paul when coming to the twin cities but due to event being closer to downtown st.paul figured we would change it up. So glad we did since this was a great location, skywalk gets you to multiple bars and places to eat which is a huge plus when it's freezing out. Had room on the Hilton honors level and can't complain about anything. Bed was nice and comfy and everything was very clean

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Taylor D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

I'm glad that you found your way into our little corner of downtown St. Paul for one of your first visits in the city. It sounds like our location was pretty convenient for you and that everything was very comfortable, which I'm happy to hear. If future events end up bringing you back to this area, we hope to welcome you back, as well! Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Arrived at 7pm to our room not cleaned. Got placed in a single king room for 3 people. Accommodation were average, food was mediocre and fairly overpriced , staff did not really seem to want to engage with guests. Conveniently located downtown. There were no signs for the pool and health club in the elevator and FD didn't say at check in. Will not stay again. Tried to talk to FD staff about being unhappy and they shrugged it off.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Taylor D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thank you for giving us your feedback from your stay. I apologize for the issues you dealt with while you were here. We certainly strive to provide the highest level of customer service and I'm disappointed that that was not your experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please give me a call at my direct line, (651) 605-0257. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Stayed here on a business trip. Upon check-in I was impressed to see on their mobile app that they had "virtual key" technology where you could use your smart phone as your room key. I was excited to try it out. Unfortunately, the front desk clerk had no idea how to enable the feature for my room. He also said that no one at the front desk was trained on how to use it. He gave it a try though and after 5 minutes of trying he gave up. Afterwards, I refreshed the app on my phone and got it to work. However after a day it stopped working.
Checkin offered no cookie as promised and no other benefits as a Hilton Honors member. Not even a bottle of water.
You do get free wifi as a Honors member but the wifi is so slow and unreliable (frequent drops) I used my phone wifi instead which was better.
Upon entering my room to use the rest room and put away luggage only to turn around and face a strange man in my room! He turned out to be a facilities person, but didn't bother to knock or ring first. WOW, quite a scare. No apologies. I later informed the front desk I didn't think that was appropriate.
The room was clean and good sized. However the King bed had very overstuffed pillows. My neck was cranked every night, They need to supply at least one softer smaller pillow.
Upon checkout I received my bill via email. I had ordered room service 3 times. Once each day. I ordered the same thing each time. Confusingly, I received 3 different charge amounts, from 3 different restaurant names. When I called to complain they said they were having system issues and also that the clerk needed to be retrained. However, no offer to refund money, or send an updated receipt with correct charges was made!
When Hilton send a survey after the stay I detailed all these issues. Michael Engle the Assistant Mgr replied acknowledging the problems but with no offers of reconciliation.
Everyone can make mistakes but it takes an organization with extreme poor customer service from the front desk clerk to the assistant manager to consistently refuse to treat their customers with respect. This property could become a much better place to stay if they began showing some form of recompense to its customers when they make mistakes.
1. Forget to offer a cookie? Bring one up to the customers room
2. Can't figure out how to make the digital key work? Have a manager followup with the guest.
3. Can't get room service charged accurately? FIX THE CHARGES so the customer isn't overcharged.
4. And to make things right, go above and beyond. Offer a bottle of water, throw in some honors points, give a voucher for some food. SOMETHING! Don't just ignore the customer and the inconvenience you caused them.
In short...Learn from Marriott. They learned how to do this a long time ago.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Norsketech

I am so sorry to hear about the frustrations you endured during you're stay. I can certainly understand your dissatisfaction. At this time, I am reaching out to you on behalf of the Front Office Manager, Carl Eriksson. He would be greatly appreciative if you would speak with him, and he would like to assist in resolving some of these issues. He can be reached at Carl.Eriksson@Hilton.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Doubletree for 6 nights. I was in a large, clean, comfortable room (1563) on a high floor. I had a nice view. The king bed was firm and supportive. I had a refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer and coffee maker. The pillows were slightly more firm than I prefer, but they were ok. Nice big screen HDTV.

I had one meal from room service - the food was good and arrived quickly and hot. There were good non-chain restaurants within walking distance. The light-rail train to downtown Minneapolis is just a block away.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I used the digital key without difficulty.

The hotel grounds need work. The sidewalks are in poor condition, and there was a lot of unshoveled snow on the steps leading down to the street. I found it difficult to find the entrance to the hotel when walking through downtown.

The hotel is convenient to most of downtown St Paul. It was a good choice for me.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave your comments. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of our services and central location. I will make sure to pass your comment about the hotel ground on to our general manager to see how we can address them. Thanks again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We had a large wedding at the hotel. The wedding was beautiful and they were attentive to our every need. Several of our family and friends stayed the entire weekend. Thank you for the wonderful wedding memories!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you, Julie! You know we loved your group and hosting the wedding here. Congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple. I'm so glad to hear that all your guests enjoyed their stay, as well. Thanks again!