“Unique restaurant - not your typical chain”
Review of Old Capital Tavern

Old Capital Tavern
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Sauk Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Phone number is 320-291-4541
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent Beer and Cocktail selection.
Better than expected Moscow Mules and duck wonton appetizers. Our group tried and loved the Reuben's, four alarm sandwich and fish tacos. Great atmosphere

Reviewed 22 September 2017

My wife, her sister in law and I met at the Old Capital Tavern today for dinner. I have eaten here before and knew it's great reputation for out of the ordinary food and craft beers. The first decision was which beer to drink. The Insight representative from the brewery gave us a detailed description of the 6 different varieties on tap. They were running a special tonight. I choose the Devils Companion, a dark beer with a slight taste of coffee, not at all bitter.

My wife and sister in law split the meat loaf and mashed potatoes. I have eaten this before and the portions are big and its really filling. I choose the 4 Alarm Pigs A$$ masterpiece sandwich. It's huge and hot. Combined with an order of sweet potato fries, it was all I could do to eat it.

They have many other excellent items on the menu and at least 50 beers on tap. If you go on the weekend you will be waiting for a table. On a Thursday night we walked in an were seated right away. It's a bit loud in there. Several small groups of people enjoying a cold one.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Excellent service, food was delicious, great selection of food and drinks and nice atmosphere. More intimate seating upstairs.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

My sister and I meet half way to catch up and just talk . I had been here once a couple of years ago on a Friday night, it was crazy busy. Today it was a sunny 85 degree day. It was very quiet at 5:00 pm. We were greeted immediately by the bartender, given water & a beer sample. Our server Kerry informed us all whisky drinks were 1/2 off!! I ordered Jameson Ginger & my sister an Irish Maiden, both were great, but if you like fresh cucumber, try the Maiden!! My sister had the Cuban & fries. I had the Sriracha Salmon salad, it was the most delicious, fresh and lovely salad I have ever eaten!!! Just the right amount of heat from the Sriracha dressing, which is served wisely on the side! Thanks for the nice, relaxing , very enjoyed meal. Cheers!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Food was awesome. I had the Reuben and it was the best I ever had. They don't serve hamburgers, which is good since it help everyone try something else. Awesome.