“Authentic Mexican, Reasonable Prices”

El Toro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Shakopee
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This is where the locals go to satisfy the Mexican food craving. A basket of complimentary chips and salsa shows up at the table quickly after being seated. Chip basket refills are free, a nice touch. A huge range of choices on the menu. I always enjoy a selection from the Combination Plates section of the menu. My partner likes the mixed fajitas which comes with a platter of assorted sizzling meats and vegetables, and also a platter of fixin's which include beans, rice, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream and tortillas. My combination plate always comes filled....no skimpy portions here. I wash it down with a Modelo beer on tap in a frosty grande mug. Nice decor, lively music piped in, and attentive wait staff makes for a fine locals night out, or a visitor's good meal experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Visited with my husband and three sons while in Chanhassen to see Paisley Park. Service, food, and drinks here were all good. Generous servings and the medium margarita is like a fishbowl!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We went today because we wanted to sit outdoors. The patio is nondescript, but it worked just fine. We ordered tacos and fajitas, and the proportions were quite generous. The food was delicious, the service friendly, and we will definitely go back. And yes, the chips were warm and delicious.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I come here about once a month. The food is authentic and service has been excellent for the most part. Margaritas have been wonderful as well as the chips, salsa and ranchero sauce. The bar area could use some upgrading and the restaurant would pick up customers with a more modern feel and still keep the personal and authentic vibe.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Portions were good and salsa was good but food might be cooked for the local taste and was bland for Mexican food. The soups, chicken enchilada and black bean soups main seasoning seemed ot be salt, lots of salt.