“Delicious midrange taco place”
Review of Taco Loco

Taco Loco
Ranked #45 of 90 Restaurants in Shakopee
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 23 July 2015

Went here for the first time last weekend and we really enjoyed the food. It's cheaper than most of the Mexican restaurants out there like Loro / Acapulco / etc., but much better than any fast food place - a nice 'tween' place to be.

We ordered a steak quesadilla, basket of tacos, and a carnitas chimichanga. I don't have a picture of the tacos because I was too busy plowing through them when they arrived - crispy hardshells and fresh ingredients went over great with my family. The quesadilla was gooey and really delicious. The Chimi was maybe the only underwhelming item, I wasn't in love with the cheese sauce, or the carnitas for that matter. I'd guess that a steak or ground beef chimi would be more my speed.

Overall a great place and we will stop again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

We've ate here several times and keep asking ourselves why?? The food is just ok, the service is horrible(don't ask questions since you'll be lucky to get an answer) and either they don't have A/C or it wasn't working since we sweated through our entire lunch. There are much better options in the area, we're throwing in the towel and will not be back.

1  Thank beachluvr13
Reviewed 4 July 2015

This guy does it perfect! We had a great lunch and the service was super fast we will surely do this again.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Taco Loco is AUTHENTIC. The Mendez family opened up Taco Loco #1 at the edge of town in Shakopee several years ago. It was an old Dairy Queen or Taco Johns before that. They did not have a dine-in area, we would walk up to the window and order our food. In the summertime, we would wait near the building for our order to come up. In the winter, the owner would holler to us that our order was ready. They have always served a little tray of chips and salsa for the wait. Their steak tacos (soft shell) are the bomb! The owner passed away and his sons took over. They kept the business going and never changed anything. Eventually they moved out of the building they were in and occupied a building on the opposite side of town, right near Dangerfields. The small restaurant has a gas fireplace in the center and is very inviting. They serve beef tongue tacos, if you are into that kind of thing. I can't even try them, but my son started eating them at age 4 and still loves them at 16. The chips and salsa is one of my favorites. You can also get your coke in a glass bottle (Mexican Coke) or a Jarritos with your meal. The Mendez brothers do it all, cooking, cleaning, serving, catering...I understand their mother is still very involved in cooking at the restaurant as well. She makes a mean tamale! Taco Loco is by far my favorite Mexican food around. None of the others can compare.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Taco Loco served the Grooms dinner in our back yard! Quality and Quantity was more than anticipated. All guests young and old were accommodated with the choices. We have returned over and over again for this food, whether it be a quick lunch or dinner or to entertain others. This is one of Shakopee's little hidden secrets. Check it out!!!

1  Thank Dick G

Been to Taco Loco? Share your experiences!