“Cherry Strudel bites - very good”

Giovanni's of Staples
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Staples
Reviewed 6 February 2017

We had the Giovanni thin crust pizza. Was good. What we really enjoyed was the cherry strudel bites. We were there around 4 pm on a Friday and it was relative quiet. Friendly staff and have internet service.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Ordered a Finney sub, they were out of turkey so I was offered roast beef on it instead which was good. I'd come back. They had a buffet which I didn't know about until I walked in. Wasn't interested so I ordered at the counter then grabbed a booth. Food came out quick.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We decided after a very busy day to order in Pizza for delivery instead of cooking and the Pizza Quality at this place is excellent. Since they took on their new ownership have ordered many different Pizza options there on several occasions and every time the Pizza has arrived Hot, Fresh, Flavorful, and they really load it up with toppings. The service both on the phone and as far as their delivery drivers has been outstanding they are very polite and friendly. Price is pretty mid range for a small town local place but food quality is really good and delivery service is usually been pretty quick. My youngest is lactose intolerant and so we always order wings for her and she really likes their buffalo wings as well as does my husband. I think my favorite Pizza have tried from there so far is their Cardinal one. Their Giovanni one is pretty good also.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

A year or so ago, I found Giovanni's run down and in bad need to many improvements. Last night, I decided to pay a visit again and found myself pleased at the spiffed up appearance. New paint really made it look clean and the new colors are fashionable. The torn upholstery is gone as the booths are replaced. New windows have been installed and new games are available for the kids. Best of all, the food is still great. Apparently it is under new management. The prices are still reasonable and this time I had pizza. The waitress was attentive and kind. They have a delivery area and it is such good food I recommend checking into it.

Reviewed 15 December 2014

We've been eating at this restaurant for ten years, mostly because they have good food. What a tragedy it is that the place is sliding down hill. The past four times we have gone, we've had to ask the waitress to rewipe the tables because they are sticky. This time, since she was off in the kitchen, we grabbed a spray bottle and wiped it off ourselves. That was where the problem was: the antibacterial spray was what was making the table sticky! We dribbled water on the table and used our napkins to clean it, which showed black, dirty residue on the napkins. Too bad.
The waitress was really nice, but how she spent her time was completely puzzling to us. Though we were the only people in the place, she never bussed the dirty table behind us for the entire time we were there. A rag and disinfectant sat on another table. Some of the booths are so ripped up that it's a wonder anyone ever sits there. Never mind that the decor is ancient, people can chalk it up to being retro. But ripped up booth seats are terrible.And no, duct tape is not a good fix. Tape gets on your clothing, etc. We hope the owner set aside a little money each season to have one seat reupholstered.
While we go there for fairly good food, we noticed the lasagna this time seemed more like a canned sauce, lacking any distinctive flavor. That was a first. Although our son enjoyed the pizza and I thought it tasted fine, my hubby thought it was dry. My calzone was great.
The nice part about this restaurant is that they have a bunch of working video games to occupy the children while they wait around. Very creative and nice for a couple who would like to just visit.
We hope this restaurant gets this together, because it's great to have good food somewhere close.If you live in town, order it to be picked up or if they deliver, then that's a better option. But eating in house? You might start to look at other options around town.