“Pleasant ambiance and good Thai food”
Review of Thai Basil

Thai Basil
Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Stillwater
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is the third time I have eaten at Thai Basil, but the first time that I have taken the time to review. (The second time I went, my friend had a good curry dish.)

The portions are decent (not huge), but not miniscule. The service was good. We both ordered entrees. I would suggest, however, that if you like a little "heat" or more "flavor", to ask if the kitchen can add that to your dish; I didn't think of it, so while I thought the dish was good, I also thought it was a little bland.

The egg rolls are fine. I usually get those an appetizer.

The service was good; the server was friendly. We appreciated the plastic containers to take our leftovers - they were the kind that would not leak (unlike those traditional cardboard box kinds.)

There is plenty of seating here and the parking is free. (One of the benefits of the suburbs.)

Reviewed 22 March 2018

For those with a taste for spicier food Thai cuisine is very good. The serving size was excellent and met our desires. The soup course that preceded the entree was very good and tasty.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent organized menu with a wide range of entrees and specialties.
The Pad Thai has with roast duck was delicious along with the pulled pork masman curry.

Good selection of beers and even martinis in a wonderful environment and excellent friendly service.

When we go back we plan on ordering the same menu item.

There is something delicious for everyone. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

My teens and I tried Thai food for the first time yesterday at Thai Basil. We ordered six entrees off the lunch menu along with Pork Egg Rolls and Soup.

Most of the dishes seemed to contain peanuts and were surprisingly sweet.

Nothing was "hot" or "spicy". I was a little disappointed in that.

There were vegetarian dishes aplenty, and the servings of seafood in the shrimp and seafood combinations were generous.

My 13 year old son who "hates Chinese food" found he "really likes Thai!"

It was fun to try, and the food was good. But, it didn't impress me enough to think I need to do it again.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Three adults went here for dinner and we were very pleased. The food was excellent and the service delightful. Be warned, however, that when they ask how hot you want your dish, they use a Bangkok heat scale and not a Minnesota heat scale. I recommend going one star lower than what you think you want and then ask for the spice tray so that you can make adjustments as necessary. Overall, a great experience.