US$130
US$88
QualityInn
US$143
Country Inn
All reviewsstandard hie faresofa sleeperrestaurant attachedroom was cleanenjoyable staypool arealiving areawe've stayedoatmealother guestseasy accesssuitedesktargetwalmartinterstaterepair
Reviewed 18 May 2017

The rooms were clean & the beds & pillows were comfortable. The pool was very nice & there is also a nice size hot tub. The breakfast was good, the standard HIE fare. The check-in staff was friendly as were the kitchen ladies. What I absolutely loved about this place is that we had a kind of "mini-apartment" which I wasn't aware that HIE's even had. We've stayed in many & have never seen one before. We had 2-bedrooms, a small living room w/dining area, an actual kitchen & a bathroom. "So" much better than just a hotel room. However, that all being said, it is definitely time to update the furnishings. They are worn, somewhat dated, etc... & really does bring down the appeal. The walls also need painting. It's a nice place, but it could be more so.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Monica R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Hi Rannydef,

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed all of our amenities and felt welcomed with our staff.

I am happy to say we will be undergoing a remodel later this fall to make some updates to our rooms.

We hope to see you again and have you experience our new fresh look when complete.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Stayed for business. Hotel is kept very clean and staff was super friendly. Plenty of parking. Great lounge/restaurant attached. Easy access (just off of the interstate). Plenty of other restaurants and stores nearby.

R Ludwig

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Monica R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Hi Mr. Ludwig,

Thank you so much for your great review, we really appreciate it. Our staff takes great pride in maintaining a clean and friendly hotel and appreciate when it is recognized.

We look forward to your next stay,

Thank you!

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Rooms need regular maintenance, ie walls banged up etc. Small TV. $40 credit card hold for 15 days for two free nights is overkill. Breakfast was fine, and exercise facility was above average. Staff was excellent!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Monica R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback. I apologize for such a long hold on your card, it typically is much shorter than that.

I am glad you enjoyed our exercise room and thank you for the great comments on our staff, i'll be sure to pass those along.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you on your next visit to Vadnais Heights.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

This is my first time at a holiday inn and I have to say, I'm very surprised at how nice the room was. Rented the room for 5 people but it would accommodate 6/7 people easily.

Room type: 2room suite/dbl qn/sofa sleeper
*very spacious especially the living area, even if you were to pull out the sofa sleeper there would still be room to walk

Bathroom: nice but the shower curtain wouldn't close on both sides and water would seep onto the floor and the fan was loud

Pool: clean and nice but the water was a bit cold

Hot tub: nice and hot, very relaxing

Breakfast: very good
** there were 2-3 attendants constantly filling the food so there was never a shortage. They had warm eggs, sausage, pancake, assorted pastries which were very good, 4 different kinds of cereal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, yogurt,oatmeal/instant of course,overall very satisfied with the breakfast selection.

**for the price we paid, i thought the room was a good size and very happy with it. I've been to alot of 5 star hotels with a 2 room suites and it was nothing like this. Very nice room layout. I was skeptic about coming here bc of some of the reviews but decided to chance it. I'm glad we stayed here and i know
For a fact that we'll be at holiday inn
Again

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is what you would expect from Holiday Inn Express - clean rooms, well organised and a disappointing breakfast.

Despite this my colleagues and I come back again and again to this hotel for its location for business and the great bar Jimmy's next door.

Whether you're on your own or in a group it's a friendly sports bar and makes the difference here.

Stayed: January 2017