See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

So, made a reservation several weeks ago. Showed up after a 15 Hour drive, and they did not have the reservation. That's not terrible, because the gentleman was willing to rent me the last room available. Unfortunately, after viewing the room, I decide to move on. Took my chances, driving to International Falls, to secure a room. The rooms here did not look great!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DennyB510
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I was traveling during the very busy July tourist season, and the next most reasonably priced hotels I could find even remotely close to this area were about twice as expensive. That is the main reason I'm giving this hotel four stars. It's not a perfect place by any means, but the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the shower pressure is decent (although in room 111 it took a long time to warm up), and the WiFi is good. The owner, whom I was initially frustrated with after a long wait to check in, turns out is a very nice guy. Every time I saw him he made sure I had everything I needed, asked if my room needed servicing, and was just generally friendly.

Bottom line, if you need a place to stay, don't want to spend crazy tourist rates and can put up with a few random issues, you'll be hard pressed to do any better for the price in the area. If I'm lucky enough to have business bring me back through this beautiful part of MN, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 8 March 2015

I was in Virginia MN for the annual Pepsi Challenge Cross Country Ski Race and just needed a bed on a Friday night. I paid less than $60 for a clean room and a comfortable bed, TV, a sink and a small bathroom with a full bath. My only criticism is that the heater in the room is basically a forced air unit with only OK temperature controls. With the heat, on the room was a little too warm. I finally just turned it off and wore long underwear, socks and a T shirt to bed and was very comfortable. This hotel is not nearly as nice as others in the area, but it is much more affordable. If I had been traveling with my wife, I probably wound not stay there, but I don't mind minimalism when traveling by myself. It is certainly better than most other comparably priced hotels that I have stayed at. I plan to stay there again when I come for next year's Pepsi Challenge.

The front desk is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., but there is a phone number that you can call posted at the door of the office if you arrive after 10 p.m. I arrived at 11 p.m., called the phone number and the guy running the place was there in about 30 seconds to cheerfully check me in. So, if you anticipate arriving late, call ahead and let the front desk know. Also, if you are going to check out before 10 a.m., let the front desk know ahead of time and leave the key in your room or in the key drop.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank James M
Reviewed 17 February 2015

I thought I would be okay as the rate was $80 a night when everyone was over$100. The website said that there was continental breakfast and when I got there the person said that they haven't had that in three years. I told him it was on his site still which I showed him. My biggest issue is that the rooom needed a serious restoration. The springs in the mattress were almost coming through the fabric and were very uncomfortable to sleep on. The bathroom sink was leaking on the floor behind the sink and the sink stopper lever was broken. The entire room felt scketchy and was not comfortable. It would have been worth it to stay probably most anywhere else. Oh also the towels, bedding need replacement along with the mattress.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank unhappywithmystay
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Run run fast and far away from this place!!! Never ever have I seen such a nasty hotel/motel in all my traveling....bugs smashed on the walls...mold....nasty old bed n blankets are dirty the carpet looks to be the place to grow plants it's so full of dirt n stains...the manager is very hard to understand and very rude we left and found another hotel!!

Date of stay: August 2014