“Our favorite Italian!”

Donatelli's
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Donatelli's features homemade pasta and sauces...featured on Triple D with Guy Fieri. Signature items include our spaghetti pie, heart stopper pizza, baked Mostaccioli with meat sauce, tortellini Alfredo and Italian jambalaya. We also have an extensive gluten free menu. Dine-in, take-out, delivery and catering...full service receptions, grad parties, funerals and more.
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The first time I went to Donatelli's I had come to the Twin Cities looking for a new home and my wife was still on the west coast getting things settled there. After three bites of my lunch I phoned her and announced 'I've found our new favorite restaurant!' The following four years have confirmed that as we go there probably once a month even though it's a bit of a drive. It's pretty kitschy inside but we go back for the food.
We've tried virtually everything on the menu and it's all been great. The spaghetti and meatballs is delightful with high kudos also for the ravioli and chicken parmesan. My wife leans to the authentic pizzas, specifically the margarita style.
The service is excellent for a casual, family oriented place and a good selection of adult beverages top it off.
Get there early because evening and weekends there is always a line of true believers.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We chose to go a little out of our way while traveling because it's fun to try places that have been featured on tv. We had lunch around 11:30 on a Saturday and it definitely started filling up after we had been there a short time. I was happy to find a dish that wasn't covered in meat/cheese since those things aren't part of my diet. I had the butternut squash ravioli with marinara. It was really good, even with way too much sauce on it. (I had to scrape most of it off just to find the food underneath) The pasta was cooked perfectly and the flavor was great. My husband had seafood canneloni and also said his pasta was perfect and the sauce flavor was really good. His only complaint (which wasn't even much of a complaint haha) was that there was way too much cheese on top.
We would love to go back and try something else, as the menu has quite a few items on it. Very delicious Italian food-definitely stop in and try it!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We've been here a couple of times and the food is good. They have a large menu that can be a little overwhelming and some of the items are repeated.
The lasagna is very good just a little too cheesy and i love cheese. Sometimes its like its all cheese and the actual portion is a bit small. Great flavor though. You can get it with a meatball. Their meatballs are very delicious. The bruschetta is hit or miss. when its fresh and on its amazing some of the best. The meatball sub is very good as well.
We haven't had a lot of the other pasta dishes as they are more than what I'd like to spend. the prices are a bit high for some of the items and they don't have half portions.
So if you want a decent meal and don't mind paying for it try this.
If you like the pink panther then you will absolutely love this place!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Good Italian food served amid Pink Panther and friends -- more images than you can image, including colored, revolving spot lights. From pizza and calzones to spaghetti to almost anything Italian, you can't go wrong with any selection you make. Good, fast service. Enough light at the booths is you want to read with your meal. Also has a conference room for meetings, upon request.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a weekend family lunch. Read Trip Advisor's reviews on drive to restaurant and totally agree with rating. Definitely a great find for Italian food. Pasta was served hot and delicious. We were greeted on entry and seated promptly. Our waitress was friendly and kept our drinks full. The menu offers many food choices to satisfy any appetite. Was hoping to try the gelato, but was so full from our entrees there was no room. Can't wait to get back to try the dessert(s). We will be back again and again.