“Try it out”
Review of Cafe Cravings

Cafe Cravings
Description: Cravings is a family owned Minnesota restaurant specializing in home baked breakfasts, lunch, bakery and dessert items. We have a drive thru window serving food and espresso drinks. Dine on our patio and enjoy a bottle of wine or cold beer.
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I wanted to try something different instead of Perkins with my kids, now that they're getting older (9-11). It was a bit confusing how ordering goes there, unless I missed a sign?! I thought we would find a table and then a waitress would take our order. After seeing people lining up at the cash register, we finally figured out you had to grab a menu in the front and then order up front. No biggie, we have it down now, but lost time after a few couples ordered before us as they walked in. Thanks to the great cashier though who helped us out and got us up to speed. Food was good, pancakes were great! It is a bit spendy, but a cute homey place, atmosphere is good. Plus the pastries looked fabulous!

CafeCravings, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Cravings, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you so much for checking us out. We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience. Sorry for the order at the counter confusion. Pleases return again real soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

A friend and I had lunch here and I was overall disappointed. I am gluten free and was so excited to see the large gluten free menu. To start, they were very conscientious about asking if it was celiac preparation. The sandwich I had was pretty good (Monte Cristo) and I would have it again. Unfortunately, everything else was not. First, the total with coffee and tea was almost $50. My friend forgot she had a BOGO coupon until after we had paid but she was told we could only use it if we provided it beforehand and so we needed to "come back again". Whatever happened to refunds? Then, the small salad I had ordered without onions came with a ton of onions, the "organic greens" was really just romaine, and they forgot to bring my dressing so I had to go to the counter to ask them about it. I also had ordered a cafe latte and it tasted like horrible coffee with thin milk.

CafeCravings, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Cravings, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

This review makes us sad as we work so hard to serve the gluten free/Celiac community and are proud of how good of a job we do. We are a small business that does our best to do a good job. We already replied to an email contact from this guest, so will just post that reply here too for anyone reading the review. We apologize for any mistakes our staff made, they were unintentional and they are very sorry.

"Thank you for visiting Cafe Cravings Andrea. We are pleased that our staff does a good job supporting and preparing our gluten free guests. We are very proud of this. Obviously, we are disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with portions of your visit. That is never our goal and I spoke with both of the employees that were working yesterday. Olivia wanted me to extend her apologies that she forgot to ring in no onions on your salad. She was very sorry for that and wished you had said something to bring it to their attention so the salad could be remade. She said your dressing was just forgotten when bringing out the food and was quickly retrieved for you when this was mentioned. It is unfortunate anytime human error is made, but it happens. We would have been more than happy to make the salad correctly, if given the opportunity. As for the greens, you are correct, it was a romaine mix. We get all of our produce from Restaurant Depot. The organic greens have not been of high quality lately and we had to switch the lettuce being purchased until that supplier issue is resolved. We apologize if this was disappointing to you, but again, it is something that happens at times and we would have been happy to make something different if the salad was not to your liking.

I spoke with the employee that made your soy latte. She said she cleared your table twice and you never said anything to her about not liking your drink. It was also her recollection that the drink mug was empty. I am not sure what the issue is with the difference of what happened, but again, had she been told, we would have been happy to make a drink that you found tasted better.

Finally, we do not have any BOGO coupons out there right now. The employees mentioned that your friend had an $8 Metro Dining card and it was presented after the transaction. Our employees do not have authority to refund/void transactions for coupons. They said that when they told your friend they were sorry but she could use it another time, she seemed fine and not upset. Perhaps she was upset, but the employees were only following our policy and they simply do not have the computer authority to make those changes on closed transactions. I recognize that this may not make sense, but we are a very small family place, and simply do not have the staffing to have someone there all the time that can make those kinds of decisions.

The employees will work to do a better job ringing in the order properly, but from their perspective, they were not given an opportunity to make any of the issues you presented right at the time of your visit. If they are not being honest about what happened, I would love to know so we can address that issue with them.

We take all guest feedback very seriously and value that you took the time to contact us. If there is anything else we can do on our end, please let us know."

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We asked Google what was a good place for breakfast and we weren't disappointed by the answer! Excellent coffee, delicious breakfast cooked to order, and pleasant, friendly people. My husband said the home-fried potatoes were the best he's ever had! Stop by and support this small business!

CafeCravings, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Cravings, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for your great review. We are thrilled that Google recommended us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Been here countless times. So many favorites! Small but home like. Cooked to order delicious food! New larger patio outside with a tranquil waterfall and landscape.

CafeCravings, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Cravings, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you for your positive review. We hope you are able to enjoy our patio often this summer!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Their selection of coffee and food seems very good.

The place is really small and all the tables were taken but we managed to get the last one and enjoyed a nice talk. The patio was not available because it was a very cold day.

It is not a place to meet with a larger group of friends and they don't accept credit cards for small purchases of under $5.

CafeCravings, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Cravings, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for stopping by. Please give us another try when the patio opens!