“Good Burgers and nice atmosphere”

Betty Jo Byoloski's
Ranked #68 of 90 Restaurants in Winona
Reviewed 5 December 2016

We've been to Betty Jo's many times. Almost always it's great. Normal burger pub and grill type food and reasonably good service. The last couple of times there it seemed the service was less than it should be ... maybe just hit a few new employees. Still, it's worth a try in Winona where there aren't a lot of "nice" restaurants.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

I have always enjoyed going to Betty Jo's but it seems like so often my choice of evening is Friday, at the end of the week. Then before I even get inside, the aroma of the fish fry sits right in my throat. I have had their meal off and on and it has always been good but it is just something about the Oder of the fish every time I visit. Their menu is not over extravgent but there are plenty of options for every appitite. Saying that though also is to warn patrons that the menu is also very similiar to every other burger and beer joint. We have noticed that a trend that exists are that the waitresses can be moody or act as if they'd rather not be there. I don't believe I have even had a meal that wasn't prepared and served as I had expected. Certainly don't wait for someone to offer you popcorn as you just need to help yourself. - that is always very good. The atmosphere of the establishment centers around a Sports-Bar theme which are a dime a dozen. There are multiple TV sets on with various sporting events. The noise level is appropriate for the establishment as you can hold good conversations without screaming or not being able to hear at all. Betty Jo's is definitely worth a visit if you have never been there and make the assessment for yourself.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

We go there with work off and on. Bar type food, everything I have had has been ok-nothing super exciting. Its rather dark in there, even during the day, tables are tight. Wait staff is pretty good, had good and bad like anywhere. They are more for the bar scene then food, in MY opinion. Its rather loud in there and has an echo, hard to converse.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Decided to try Betty Jo's when visiting Winona. Claims to be the best burgers in Winona. The menu on their web site looked convincing, so four of us (including a child) went for dinner on a Friday night. There was no wait, which was unusual. The waitress was . . . well, uninterested. The food came out really fast, but now I know why. The food was slapped together, small, average taste, or worse. My burger was small and OK. Fries were an add-on feature for more money. An insulting side salad was also an option, for extra money, but is made from iceberg lettuce. Yuk. I chose the included chips. My 7 year-old nephew got the child pepperoni pizza. Looked like a cheap frozen pizza slapped in the microwave. It tasted awful. The others in my party also had forgettable food. I can't remember what they got and they weren't impressed. The atmosphere and decorations were neat, but I wouldn't come here for the food again. Sorry Betty Jo.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Food was okay as usual, nothing special but was fine. Waitress didn't seem to care much as she was on her phone and sitting on the customer side of the bar for most of our visit- quite unprofessional.