“Not Too Much or Too Little... "Ah, Jus'" Right!”

Jefferson Pub & Grill
Ranked #16 of 87 Restaurants in Winona
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I am a traveling OB/GYN (drcathylbagleydotcom) on assignment in lovely Winona, Minnesota with an appetite for good pub food. Locals and travelers encountered recommended The Jefferson Pub & Grill just off Levee Park.

It's a quaint old industrial building. Ms Tonya is my knowledgeable and remarkable waitress! There is a full bar, tv screens, in door and out door spacious eating, clean restrooms and a menu chocked with delectable treats representing "usual" pub offerings served unusually well!

I'm feeling like steak; my lovely, amiable waitress recommends a popular salad, various sandwiches; however, the prime-rib shaved sandwich complete with au jus for dipping and seasoned Jefferson fries as house specialties is where I dare! She then mentions their seasoned waffle fries. Decisions... The waffle fries win!

My meal arrived and immediately I thought the serving size and the meat contained within my sandwich was perfect... not too much, not too little. And, the au jus is "ah, jus'" right. The roll is buttery, warm, lightly toasted that can stand alone. But, it's accompanied by shaved, but not thin, prime rib with button mushrooms and perfectly melted Provolone. The waffle fries are well-seasoned with crunchy exterior, and soft-tender interior. Let's just say, I'm both satisfied and impressed!

Thanks Jefferson Pub and Grill for "ah, jus' the right amount of everything: flavor, food and friendliness!

Wendy H, Owner at Jefferson Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Cathy! Glad you stopped in! Hope to serve you again!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We each had a different burger you got a side with it( salad, potato, etc) They offer 1/2 Lb. or 1/3 Lb. we got the 1/3 Lb was more than enough than I could eat. Will definitely go back or recommend it to others.

Wendy H, Owner at Jefferson Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for your review! So glad you enjoyed your meal, hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My family ate here one Saturday evening with friends and relatives from out of town. Great location very near the Miss. River. Was seated right away. Waitress was friendly. Everyone's food was very good, burgers quite decent. Service time just a little on the slow side, but not overly so. We would return.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The food is good, but uninspired. Everything is a little over-salted, which seems to be a recurrent theme in the upper midwest. Service was dead slow for us, not sure why. It was 50 minutes after we ordered before the food came. I have eaten here a couple times now, same thing both times.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Great food, nice atmosphere, friendly wait staff, ample parking and reasonable prices are found here. Need I say more? Don't miss it if you can...

Wendy H, Owner at Jefferson Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you so much! We appreciate your feedback!!