“Great seafood, service was awesome ”

Mary Mahoney's Old French House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mary Mahoney's Old French House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 256 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Our business group ate dinner at MM's and the seafood was great! I ordered the stuffed snapper and it was fresh and tender. The blue cheese dressing was absolutely the best I've had and the bread/butter warm and delicious. My complaint, as well as others in our group, was over the bread pudding and the sauce. I think we may have gotten a bad batch of the sauce. First let me say, I live very close to NOLA and have visited there almost every year for over 40 yrs. I know what great pudding is and especially the sauces from rum, whiskey, lemon and bourbon. I have no idea what liquor they used, but it not only overpowered the bread pudding, but it looked like a yogurt-berry topping. We were so disappointed, half of us got it to go for later in the evening or the next day and I took one bite in our room and tossed it. My husband threw his away. We met the next morning and most of us who tried it agreed that it was a huge disappointment. After reading others comments on the bread pudding, I do hope it was just a bad batch of sauce, since the rest of our meal was perfect! No complaints on our dinner and the service was EXCELLENT! Had we eaten our dessert at the restaurant, I would have asked them to taste it or explained to me what was in the recipe.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,312)

Reviewed 8 June 2016

First trip back to Biloxi and to Mary's in quite a few years. Came with two couples who had never been before and was hoping it would live up to my memory. It went beyond! Every bite was superb. Portions are generous and the seafood is all so fresh. The table shared a bread pudding at the end since we were beyond full and it was the perfect ending bite. This is old world, truly southern, history and charm and an absolute must while in Biloxi!

Reviewed 8 June 2016

What an incredible variety of French cuisine. Only time there but both of our meals amazing. We ate early so getting a table was a snap. Wait staff was extremely informative and helpful in choosing our entrée. Even going so far as to bring a sample to my wife of her original order so as to make sure it wasn't to rich for her liking. It turns out it was and he recommended a different dish that was divine (stuffed snapper). Very reasonably priced dinner with drinks of just over $100. Can't wait to return for our next visit and try something new.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Crab meat au gratin with Shrimp was fabulous along with Blue cheese on my house salad. The bread was great too and the sherbet for dessert was delicious! I stayed outside in our travel trailer with our dogs, and opened all the windows as it was hit outside. Since I was staying outside with the dogs to make sure they were okay, the waiter brought my meal to me, while the rest of our family dined together inside the restaurant. Highly recommend this restaurant and we make this place an annual stop on our way to Florida each year. Don't pass this place by as the history here along with the food is a win-win situation.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

We ate here three days in a row! Every meal was delicious and made specifically to order. Close your eyes and point to anything on the menu and it will be fabulous!
The servers ate incredibly professional and take pride in providing the best experience possible. Shauna is our personal favorite. She is kind, sweet and extremely efficient.
The restaurant itself is a house that is almost 300 years old. There are signs throughout the restaurant marking the water lines of several hurricanes. There are also lots of framed photos of various celebrities that have visited. In the garden you'll find The Patriarch, a 2,000 year old oak tree.