“Good food vs bad food”

Thu, 02/12
20:00
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: Pub
Description: The pub is the heart of the community, and the people of Burleigh Waters call Varsity Lakes Tavern their local. It's a place for friends to meet, families to relax and everyone to enjoy themselves. If it's pub classics you're after, we've got that sorted. Our chef's pulled together a selection of pub meals you'll love, from great quality steaks to fish and chips, and vegetarian options in between. Sing out if you have dietary questions, we cater for vegan and gluten free options. Our bar is stocked with a range of non-alcoholic and alcoholic options for everyone to enjoy. Our skilled bartenders are whipping up the best refreshing beverages in Burleigh Waters. The rivalry, the blood rush, the atmosphere. We love live sport! Come in to catch the latest in AFL, NRL, Rugby, Boxing, Cricket, NBA, Soccer & more. As an added bonus, we're the Official Home of UFC and you can guarantee we'll broadcast every PPV. Varsity Lakes Tavern's gaming floor is decked out with the latest machines.
Reviewed 30 November 2019 via mobile

What a shame that although one of us enjoyed their meal, the other had to forgo their meal as it was burnt beyond recognition.

We returned to check out the new menu that sounded refreshing, but sadly this was not the case.

My father enjoyed his steak, although the coleslaw had way too much mayonnaise, but the veggie burger was pure charcoal (see picture). I was offered an alternative, but by then I was off my food. Their only response: a refund and that they would let the chef know. Not good enough, it should never have gone out in the first place, and a refund with an empty stomach is far from appeasing a regular customer.

However, I have to admit the staff prior to returning my food were excellent. They went above and beyond, and always with a smile, to make us feel welcome and valued.

Date of visit: November 2019
amandasQ5658BV, General Manager at Varsity Lakes Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2019

Hi Aleerak

Sorry to see you rated us a 2 star.
Apologies we didn't do enough on the day to fix the issues, I did offer a different meal or recook on the day & provided a refund.
I spoke with the chef about it on the day and made them aware of what happened so this doesn't happen again. I am happy to discuss it further with you if you would like to give me a call at the venue on 5576 2644

Please let me know next time you are in and I will shout you another lunch for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Amanda Short
Venue Manager

Write a reviewReviews (175)

Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, lovely food, I had the barramundi it was delicious.we go there at least once a month, gets busier all the time we go, so I would advise to book .

Date of visit: November 2019
christyleem, Manager at Varsity Lakes Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2019

Thank you for your kind review Julie. We hope you visit again soon!

Kind Regards,

Christy Monk

Reviewed 28 October 2019 via mobile

So I came in with a friend to watch the World Series. After some very cold and inexpensive pints we decided to try the food here. I have to say that I am more than satisfied, I am impressed. As a chef myself, I can understand what constitutes quality food and I have to say the coconut pumpkin curry was spectacular. I will definitely be coming back. Thank you

Date of visit: October 2019
amandasQ5658BV, General Manager at Varsity Lakes Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2019

Thanks for the great review! Hope to see you in again soon for a cold pint :)

Regards,
Amanda Short

Reviewed 13 October 2019

We regularly visit this establishment for business meetings and lunch with clients. The service from staff and management has always been excellent. They genuinely strive to make each visit a great experience. You have our ongoing business as very satisfied customers.
Thank you to Mel and the Grillhouse team for always making us feel welcome. Kind regards.

Date of visit: October 2019
amandasQ5658BV, General Manager at Varsity Lakes Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2019

Thanks for the great review! Hope to see you in the venue again soon :)

Reviewed 12 October 2019

We decided to try out Varsity Lakes Tavern Grillhouse for a family birthday lunch. We were so impressed with the complimentary birthday decorations, the great service and the quality of the food and beverages.
Mel took our booking and ensured that our requirements were met. The staff went above and beyond to assist with dietary requirements, catering for an allergy and nothing was too much trouble. We will most definitely be visiting again and highly recommend. Thanks for the excellent service, Varsity.

Date of visit: October 2019

Thanks for the great review Tim! So pleased you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you & the family again soon :)