“Great Food!”

Sombra Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 102 Restaurants in Flowood
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Description: Sombra Mexican Kitchen is a locally-owned Mexican restaurant offering fresh cuisine and all-natural margaritas. Our newest location in Flowood, MS opened November 2016!
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We just finished dining at Sombra and I had to come home and write a review. The food is wonderful. There are many Mexican restaurants nearby but this one tops them all. For the people who like run of the mill Mexican food this is not for you. At Sombra the food had lots of flavor. Sombra is Mexican with a twist. The drinks are delicious; all the margaritas are made with lime and agave. I had the berry margarita and it was delish. It is a frozen drink which I normally don't like but it was more liquid slush than frozen and not sweet. In the past I have had the black bean and goat cheese tamale but tonight I tried a cheese & onion enchilada with green chili and the chicken tamale with green chili. My meal tonight was excellent however I must say I still like my black bean & goat cheese tamale. My husband ordered the pork shoulder wrapped in a banana leaf and it was awesome. It was super moist and packed with flavor. If you haven't tried Sombra yet be sure and stop by and enjoy a great meal.

4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Sombra Mexican Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for such a lovely review! We appreciate your patronage and are pleased to hear your visits to Sombra have been worthy of five stars. It sounds like you've enjoyed some of our most popular dishes-- the black bean and goat cheese tamale is a personal favorite of mine as well! Thanks again for the five stars; we look forward to seeing you and your husband back again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We have dined at the original Sombra location several times and were very happy to see this location come to Flowood since it is much closer to our home (that means we will come more often)! We arrived at a not so busy mid-afternoon time and were glad for the extra attention that we got from our Server, Lorraina. After taking a bit of time to review both the Lunch and Regular Menus, My Wife chose a Chalupa Lunch with a Margarita and being a Burger fan (this restaurant has several Burgers to choose from) I went with the Quesadilla Burger and a Dos Equis with Lime. The food was very good, filling, and also very affordable. We dine out often (we are retired empty nesters) and will make Sombra a regular stop.

4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Sombra Mexican Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for the review! We're so glad to hear both food and service were on point during your recent visit. Lorraina is a valued member of our team, and we'll be sure to share your praises with her. Thanks again for the four stars; we look forward to seeing you and your wife again for another visit soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Local Tex-Mex Restaurant. The food is ok, but the drinks are great! We were a group of 7 who came for a celebration. From the moment we entered the restaurant, the staff was very attentive. Special thanks to our waitress, Jamie, who made our evening an unforgettable experience!

4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Sombra Mexican Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Hello,

Thanks for the four stars! We appreciate you choosing to celebrate with us and are pleased to hear our staff helped to make the evening memorable for you and your guests. Jamie is a valuable member of our team, and we'll be sure to share your kind words with her. Thank you again for sharing; we look forward to seeing you in again soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I stopped here on a Saturday with a couple of friends at 7pm. We were immediately sat. The service was great from the waitress. They didn't have a hotter sauce than the salsa provided with the chips. But, they did have the Yucateca on the table to add a little heat. The food took a little while to come. I had the black bean and goat cheese tamale. They were good. I tried to order a Mexican mule, but they were out of an ingredient.

4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Sombra Mexican Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your recent visit to Sombra! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your service and Goat Cheese Tamale. I apologize about the missing ingredient for your Mexican mule, and hope that did not deter from your overall experience. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share with the rest of our team. Come see us again soon!

Ali Gensert,

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

I am a Realtor and a true foody! Most Mexican restaurants all taste the same- NOT with Sombra! Fresh ingredients, wonderful flavors and great service. Try the blackened Redfish tacos- superb and highly recommended. I will definitely be back next time I'm in the area.

4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Sombra Mexican Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your five-star review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent lunch with us, and appreciate your remarks regarding the fresh ingredients and friendly service. We hold both food quality and service to high standards, so it is gratifying to hear that we executed both well during your recent visit. Thank you again for your feedback; we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Flowood!

Ali Gensert,