“Very impressed!”

Papito's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 106 Restaurants in Flowood
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I don't understand some of the poor reviews on this restaurant. The wife and I ate here April 11, 2016. We arrived about 6:45 PM and were promptly seated in a comfortable booth. They immediately brought us tortilla chips and salsa along with our drinks. The salsa was excellent, not too spicy and of good texture. The chips were good and not over salted.
I had the Steak Ala Tampiquera T-Bone with refried beans, rice and salad. The steak was served with sautéed onions which were very tender and tasty. The T-Bone was large, very tender throughout and outstanding with a light but not overpowering taste of mesquite. The refried beans were delicious and actually tasted like beans with white cheese sauce on top. The rice was light and a very good compliment for the beans. My salad was plentiful with fresh crisp lettuce, onion and tomatoes. My wife had the chicken taco salad and it was excellent also. The tea was good and service was the best we've ever had in a Mexican restaurant. The manager came by several times to make sure our food was satisfactory, shook hands with me as we left and thanked us for coming in. We will definately go back! And...the check was only $27.80 with tax.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

The servings were huge. The salsa was so-so, nothing special. The service was ok, nothing to write home about. The food was alright, again, nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

My wife and I ate here today with our son and grandson. My wife and I decided to split one of the meals and get a salad and a soup to split as well. Big mistake, as the soup by itself was plenty enough for a meal. Our son got a Numero Tres and ordered a child's bean burrito plate for our grandson. Plenty of food all around, and everything that I ate tasted good for what it was. I guess I'm always expecting to be able to find a healthy meal here, but that's impossible. The thing to do is to order the best of the unhealthy (but tasty) possibilities and enjoy it. The price for everything we had was $47, with tip.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

We have tried them all, and Papitos wins hands down. They have the best margaritas especially the Texas and frozen mango. Portions are so huge I have enough for lunch the next day.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

The atmosphere is nice. The Mexican food is a little different. The salsa has no taste whatsoever chips are hard. But the dishes have a really good taste. Service is average.

Been to Papito's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!