“The people are very rude..”

Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Greenwood
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I was there for my son wedding and I had a problem getting into my room . I went to ask the young lady at the front desk and she had a attitude ... She was texting on her phone and not trying to help me.. But over all my stay wasn't all that bad some of the housekeeper there was very nice and helpful... This one housekeeper was so nice she clean my room the hold time I was there and she did a GREAT JOB .... U know who you are she told me she always have the first floor .. Very friendly lady if she still there I will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first , second , forth floor are the best clean good and less noise
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Mary G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you for taking time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Your comments have been reviewed by our Management team. No words can validate a negative comment. Please be assured of our continued commitment to deliver the quality service you expect and deserve. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. Again, I offer my apologies and hope you will allow us a "second chance" to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

The best rating I found when booking this hotel was 2 and half stars . I left there feeling like it was just that.
To say the least I expected more being one of the higher priced hotels in the area.
Changed rooms twice before I would accept a room due to uncleanliness of the bedding .
If you don't catch housekeeping during early morning peak hour 9am . You will miss the opportunity for your room to be cleaned . They do not circle back and appear to leave around noon.
There is a nice lady who knocks on door for used linens only every morning and unfortunately does not have clean linens to immediately exchange .
It takes a very long time to get towels . We had to take used sets to get clean sets from the front desk.
The breakfast was ok and typical hotel hot and cold breakfast foods .
The staff was very nice and friendly.
They tried to accommodate the best they could . The room thermostat like every hotel I've ever stayed was difficult to find a comfort level . Seems to blow heat then it would automatically switch to cool then back to heat. This was my second stay here over the past 3 years . Don't know if I would stay here again . If so , the other high end hotels would have to be sold out .

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear bestdealfinder09,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenwood, MS. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about breakfast and our staff.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the housekeeping and cleanliness. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

I drove over from Little Rock and needed a hotel that accepts CLC Lodging charge cards. I had stayed in the past at some sketchy places and a colleague of mine discovered that this HIE accepts our cards. I was so happy and pleased. Extremely nice and knowledgeable front desk staff. Very clean room, safe with indoor entrance, convenient to work, and a Manager's Special on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoon at 5:30. Free food, free soda and BEER. I will recommend to family, friends, and co-workers.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Mary G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Mary G

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

I had an excellent stay here. The front desk girl was friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was kept well stocked and clean. I was very happy with my room. I also received a friendly send off when I checked out. I would recommend here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel was fine for work stay. It's in need of updates and there is no pool. Service was fine and room was clean. It met our needs as business travelers. There is nothing great or terrible about it. The breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn Express with instant pancake machine.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Mary G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thanks so much for staying with us. I agree it's time for an upgrade and thankfully I can report this will start in January, 2017. We are in the planning stage. Please come back and see us. Our only goal is to provide comfort and welcome to our guest.