“Should Have Known Better”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #33 of 55 Restaurants in Horn Lake
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The lack of a crowd on a Friday night should have tipped me off. Ordered a chicken dish to go, weird plastic-like taste and way over-salted.

1  Thank PattyHNashville_TN

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Waitress was only worried about talking to other employees and friends at bar. Came in to eat some appetizers and have a few beers. After ordering never received drinks so waited 15 minutes finally saw her talking to friends started to go up to bar and manager saw me and told me he would take care of. Waitress brought drinks and just set them down and walked away. After 25 minutes food came and could tell was sitting in back for awhile. Again waited for drink bartender saw me sitting there with food and no drink and went and got waitress. Finished drinks and left with out finishing meal. Probably first time in 30 years I didn't leave a tip. Manager knew there were issues and never came by or tried to remedy.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Avoid the place like everybody in there has the plague. Worst Applebee's in the franchise - maybe the worst restaurant we've visited. Waited nearly 20 minutes for a bowl of soup! How hard is that? You ladle it in a bowl and serve it. Waitress can do that! One entree arrives and we still don't have utensils. Entree not per the menu which called for grilled cedar-seasoned salmon finished with a creamy artichoke spread. That spread did not exist although the salmon was cooked to my liking. In fact this is the only positive of the entire meal. Still no utensils. Finally asked another waitress to retrieve some. Waited five minutes and finally got up to go get some myself when our waitress finally showed up with them. Meanwhile my entree had cooled off. Wife's entree did not arrive. Excuse was that they prepared incorrectly and had to re-do. When it finally arrived it was not to the menu anyway so still incorrect but we were running out of time and patience. Per the menu the veggies were to be grilled --- NOT... they were steamed! She ate them anyway. Now dessert.... came without the pecan/caramel sauce described in the menu. Excuse -- AFTER it was served -- they ran out of the sauce. Bottom line... not a single item served to us was in accordance with their menu. We had enough, sent the dessert back, paid for what we reluctantly consumed and left a pittance of a tip. Standard practice at any other restaurant we have ever dined in - and we eat out five nights a week - has been to tell us in advance what was going to be missing from any item listed on the menu if in fact they could not serve it as described thereon - thus allowing us the option of accepting or selecting something else. Not at this Applebee's - they serve it regardless and expect you to eat it and enjoy it as they serve it with excuses made after it's served. Coincidentally, two employees at the hotel had previously worked at this Applebee's as it is right across the street. My story to them was quite familiar and is the reason they both quit the place - nothing was ever correct and put the wait staff under pressure to cover for it. One of these gals quit four years ago and said it was the same then as now and has always been this way. Avoid it!

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

So we couldn't get into Memphis BBQ so settle on the next door dive!! I'd rather go to Walmart than ever eat here again. The floors, table and chairs were dirty and sticky a chairs had some kind of sauce on them!! UGH!!!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We stopped here for lunch after we had toured Graceland and had a variety of there appetizers. The food was very good and the service was great. We would definitely stop here again.