“Food, Family, and Fun”

Ranked #34 of 397 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 29 April 2016

We have been going to Sakura Bana since before it changed it name from Little Tokyo. This is our favorite Japanese restaurant in Jackson. They have a good wait staff, and the food is always excellent. We started coming here before we were married with kids, and continue to dine-in with the whole family. The atmosphere is unpredictable, and you never know who you will see. It's guaranteed to be full on Friday and Saturday nights, so plan accordingly. The menu is worth fully exploring, and one of our personal recommendations is the tuna tataki. The kids box filled with tempura, rice, and chicken teriyaki will usually satisfy most children's palates.

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

For 30 years I have been eating sushi in New York, London, Miami, Key West, Nassau, Atlanta, Seattle, San Diego and many, many other places. You simply cannot get any better than Sakura Bana!

The chefs will make any creation you can dream up, and if you come up with a winner they'll name the roll after you and put it on the menu. Some examples are the "Ross Salad", the "J&L Box", and the "Molly Roll."

Reviewed 29 September 2015

I love to visit Sakura Bana at least once every time I come back to Jackson, MS from Sevierville, TN. I have not found a Japanese restaurant like it in the Sevierville area. I love the non-teppan choice. I love the beef teriyaki and tempura lunch box. I wish I could buy a bottle or two of the salad dressing on the side salad to take home with me. The sushi is awesome. It's always tightly rolled and fresh. And I haven't found any Japanese places in my area that have box sushi. I love the fresh salmon box sushi. Can't wait to come back again.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

We had lunch on a Saturday. the place was packed. The sushi was very good. There were many unique rolls and the ones we tried were very good.
Avoid the side salad (just iceberg with a glob of heavy dressing)
Service was slow.

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

I have stopped coming to this restaurant due to work location. However, i recently decided to visit it again this weekend. Sushi chef and staff still remembers me from way back. I tell that is a good feeling. Great atmosphere, friendly staff without being intrusive, good service, and delicious food.

I DO RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO LOCALS AND VISITORS ALIKE!!!!!

Been to Sakura Bana? Share your experiences!