“My Go-To Sushi Restaurant”

Nagoya Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 401 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Nagoya has some of the best sushi around. Try the Nagoya Roll! It's amazing! They also have really good hibachi fried rice. :)

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Our party of 6 adults ended up here after our first-choice restaurant turned out to be closed on Sunday night. Collectively we had the chicken, scallop, shrimp, salmon and beef hibachi dinners (which came with miso soup and salads). Additionally, for appetizers we had edamame, vegetable tempura, and chicken tempura, all of which were very good. I don't regret not going to our first choice restaurant.

There were few other diners, so I don't know what things would be like at a busy time, but our service was good. The portions of the hibachi dinners were substantial, and I think everyone took home a box of leftovers. The fried rice, the veggies, and the meat were all quite good. On the other hand, I was not even tempted to try the miso soup, and those of our party who did try it found it not to be tasty. I believe the salad was nothing except some iceberg lettuce with dressing on it. It was OK, but just a couple of additions to it would certainly have taken it up a notch.

The prices were very reasonable, and we all enjoyed our meals, the soup and salad notwithstanding.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

This is some of the best hibachi around. The food great, the atmosphere is good for business or pleasure and the price is reasonable.

Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

I am only giving this place 4 stars bc I thought it was a little untidy when I was there. Other than that, I'd definitely come back!
Long story:
We were craving sushi and this was the closest to our hotel. I ordered my usual favorites: rainbow roll, Miami roll, vegetable roll, and the shrimp tempura roll. I ordered the Mississippi roll as my specialty item. On the side I had an order of fried rice for my kids.
Everything was great tasting and fresh! The fish to rice ratio was perfect. The raw fish tasted great and was of great quality! The fried rice was seasoned well and not overly salty,or oily.
The kicker was the price! SOOOO affordable. If I lived here id come often and not feel bad about breaking my wallet. The customer service was great also. Really kind hostess and waiter.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

The food was okay. Sushi, salad, soup all fine, but the service was lacking and it took so long. We waited over 30 minutes for just three simple sushi rolls and they were not busy at all.