“Surprisingly good hotel restaurant”

King Edward Bar and Grill
Ranked #36 of 401 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$8 - US$45
Description: King Edward Bar and Grill-- Featuring full service Breakfast and Lunch in our Dining Room, --and Dinner in the Bar and Grill.Please stop by and try our Southern cuisine, we guarantee you wont be disapointed.We offer a full menu with custom created libations created by our bartenders and proudly serve Cathead Vodka and Spirits in our bar.Please do not hesitate to stop by our Seattle's Best Coffee shop for excellent coffee creations as well.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I recommend the roasted chicken with fig & jalapeno demi-glaze, greens, brown butter cornbread. yummy!

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Several issues, see below:
1) The "crispy" bacon was so floppy.
2). Scrambled eggs- I literally had better eggs when I was in prison. No seasoning, dry and crusty.
3) Service- Had to track down a server to take our drink order.
4). Potatoes- way too dry.

Look folks, this breakfast was obviously thrown together by people who wanted to be anywhere but there. It was awful. Take your money and get a breakfast biscuit from mcdonalds at the next interstate exit.

1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Stopped by to have after dinner drinks and loo at the remodeling job.
The drinks were damn expensive and the even charged for Ice in the drink!
We had one each and have not been back

Reviewed 13 January 2017

I had dinner here this week and couldn't even enjoy it. Not to say the food wasn't good, it was actually great. Although its hard to enjoy a meal when your bartender seems to not want to interact with you. It was hard to even get a refill. Ive been to several hotel restaurants where one would think hospitality is a given. The girl that waited on me had such an attitude, almost like she was pissed I sat down. I ordered some wings, which in my mind shouldn't be much trouble but I felt like a bother. I think her name was Audra, Andra, or something like that, because she certainly did not introduce herself. She spent more time at the end of the bar talking with her friends and when she did leave them had her nose up in the air. It's such a shame to have such a beautiful hotel that has great reviews and have such a bad experience. It was a total negative vibe that I won't be back, or at least request a different server. Such a shame.

3  Thank daniellong41
Reviewed 20 December 2016

My husband and I have been traveling across the country for Christmas. I am from California and he is originally from Kenya. We heard about the King Edward and its history so we just had to stop in Jackson. The hotel is beautiful and everyone was so friendly. We went to the bar for some food and to watch the the 49ers play, unfortunately they lost. However, through that upset we had the best time with the bartenders and other patrons. CJ and Kim kept us laughing and really made our experience great. It is so nice to get to know others through our travels. Hopefully one day we will have the opportunity to pass back through Jackson and see those two again. It’s refreshing to meet great people with outstanding service. Kudos to the King Edward for having such an amazing staff.

1  Thank amcdonald521
David R, Manager at King Edward Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2016

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to comment about your Amazing Experience. We here at the King strive to make this a great dining experience for everyone. I am glad the CJ and Kim were great and well exceeded your expectations. When you come back to Jackson i hope you will dine with us again. Have a great day

David Read