“A bit disappointing”
Review of Bird Dog Cafe

Bird Dog Cafe
Ranked #17 of 96 Restaurants in Laurel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here recently for lunch. Wife and I each got the chicken salad sandwich. It was disappointing in that there wasn’t a lot of chicken salad on the bun nor very favorable. As others have indicated the bun takes a good bite to get through it but I liked it though.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Got into town yesterday and came to Bird Dog for lunch; the chicken salad was delicious. Came back last night after wine tasting and had the cheese/meat board which was sufficient. Now here at breakfast (because no one serves breakfast in Laurel) and it was terrible. Wait staff are not good at their jobs. I ordered the grits and the bowl sat on the counter for a very long time. When I got it, the advertised sunny side up egg was hard as a rock. My husband ordered the ham and egg croissant but after I got my grits they said they were out so he ordered the grit bowl. Magically ham and cheese croissant reappeared but we weren’t offered it even tho it’s what he wanted. At 9:15 they were almost out of everything. Disappointing.

1  Thank andreadR1386JY
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worse food I've had in years. These little houses have to stop relying on hometown.....I can't even articulate what a rip-off this was. Lord, don't order the cuban it's in name only. Don't order the meatball unless you want a dry bun with dry meatballs , they are homemade but lack any flavor....this is a no bueno from me.

2  Thank natashacc
Reviewed 13 May 2021

We are big fans of HGTV’s Hometown and had watched the renovation of the house that is now the cafe. We were there mid-afternoon and enjoyed a meat & cheese plate on the deck out back. While we were there, we were fortunate enough to meet one of the owners, Connor & his beautiful rescue dog, Moses. It was a fun afternoon and we loved meeting Connor and seeing the work that Ben & Erin had done during the renovation.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank 1216JAM
Reviewed 5 May 2021 via mobile

We just ate breakfast and the food was fantastic! Had the Grit Bowl which was out of this world and quiche which was delicious. The staff is very friendly. Can’t wait to eat here again!