Extend a Suites Meridian
SleepInn
US$124
Home2.com
US$114
Drury Inn & Suites Meridian(Meridian)
US$95
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I was in on a road trip recently that included MS - during the torrential rains from Tropical Storm Lee. I arrived early afternoon in Meridian and thought it best to get off the road. I appreciated that I was able to check in early to the Quality Inn. The front desk personnel (including a trainee) were very nice and helpful. The lobby was well-appointed and the grounds were decent. The room? Not so much.

The room was old and in desperate need of updating. Scuffed and battered walls (including a large hole by the towel bar), shabby carpet and bedspread. It was roomy and clean enough to provide shelter for one night. The wall unit a/c was extremely noisy and emitted unpleasant smells. As the temps had dropped to the 50's and very damp, I made the mistake of turning on the heat. The whole thing smelled as though it would burn up any minute! Had to open the door, and it took a while to clear the air.

I stayed because the weather was so bad and I didnt' have much choice. Definitely would not recommend this hotel. The free breakfast was decent, but I was certainly glad to leave the next day! Even with AAA, the room (plus taxes) was nearly $80!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Room very clean, safe and secure. Bed large and very comfortable. Rates excellent and front desk people were very helpful. Free breakfast in the morning was good also.

Room Tip: Park at your door.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We travel with our dog alot. We were very pleasantly surprised that this hotel had no charge for our dog. The check in was very nice, turns out the gal at the counter was the owners daughter. She was so helpful. The rooms are ok a little dated but clean. The cost was $67 plus 9 % tax. The next morning we spoke with the owner. Very nice man and very good to his staff. We will stay her again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank momskier
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I stayed at the Quality Inn because most of the other local chain hotels were booked up. The Quality Inn is made up of multiple two-story motel-style buildings. Staff was friendly and quickly moved me out of the smoking room to which I was accidentally assigned. But the second room was worse. There was a large dead bug in the middle of the worn-out carpet. The windows were filthy and the fixtures were dusty. I turned on the sink and streams of brown water shot out for several minutes. I drank bottled water during the trip just to be safe.

There was a cigarett burn hold in the bedspread but the linens were otherwise clean and the bed adequately comfortable.

We tried the free breakfast the first day. There was a very friendly woman making omelets - a nice touch. But the milk was sour and we ate at the Waffle House across the street for the rest of the trip.

There was no desk in the room - just a table and chair, so it's really not appropriate for busines travel. It is inexpensive and not _horrible_ --- but stay elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MvGel
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Pros: Friendly, responsive staff. Conveniently located to the highway. Non-lumpy beds.

Cons: Decaying physical plant with inadequate wiring. Smelly rooms. Molasses-slow Internet access.

My room had a slightly musty smell that turned to a urine-like smell after a rainstorm increased the humidity. Unfortunately, the mildew smell from the AC unit (which, in its favor, was strong enough to cool the room down very quickly) was not quite enough to overpower the urine smell, so I got whiffs of both mildew and urine depending on where I sat in the room.

I wasn't thrilled with this, but it didn't matter that much to me because I was really, really tired and hungry after a full day of meetings and just wanted to eat my take-out dinner and go to sleep. My task was made easier by the excruciatingly slow (but free) wireless Internet access, which discouraged me from surfing the web.

Unfortunately, at around 9:30 at night, the fuse in my room blew, apparently because the circuit couldn't handle recharging both my laptop and my cell phone at the same time. On the plus side, the owner/manager drove from home very quickly to try to get it fixed. On the minus side, the fusebox was apparently so old that he couldn't get the fuse to stay in the "on" position. So after a half-hour or so of him struggling with the fusebox while I stood outside in the dark, I had to borrow his flashlight, pack up my things in the dark, and move to a new room. The new room was next to a vomit-stained breezeway. Although the overpowering smell of perfumed cleaning chemicals inside the room made me a little concerned, I was tired and the bed was not lumpy, so I fell asleep pretty quickly.

The staff does deserve kudos for being friendly and responsive. But I can't really recommend this place on that alone.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business