“$5 for a pork burger and side and drink is a very good deal”

Tops Bar-B-Q Incorporated
Ranked #76 of 111 Restaurants in Olive Branch
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 May 2018

The sandwich was not bad and the beans I had were actually good. The sweet potato fries were good too. I'm glad the order taker asked me if I wanted cold slaw on my sandwich and didn't just put it on there. All in all, I have had much worse.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Tops Bbq has been a Memphis staple for decades. It is what I consider fast food bbq and don’t expect anything fancy when visiting any one of their many locations around town. Let’s start with the bbq. It is average at best and really depends on the day. I have had times when their bbq sandwiches have been awesome and other times where it was absolutely terrible. Not a lot of consistency there.

Now to their hamburgers. For a bbq place their hamburgers are some of the best around. They are cooked to order. They are cooked on a flat top grill and seasoned simply with salt and pepper. You can get it dressed any way you like. It is rare that I have ever gotten a bad burger from Tops.

Their fries are standard frozen crinkle cut and their baked beans are okay. They have ribs as well (pork and beef) but have never tried them. There are some things some restaurants should specialize in and ribs is one they should stay clear of especially when their chopped pork is just average.

Tops is a good place to go when you are in a hurry to get something to eat. You can dine in and get carry out too.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I grew up eating Topps Bar-b-q. It’s been a long time since I ate pork shoulder sandwich with slaw & fries and it was definitely delicious. Got to stop here every chance I get

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I ate here because it was directly across from my hotel and still open when I arrived in town. I ordered the beef brisket plate. The portion sizes were generous. The food is ordered at the counter, fast-food style. The dining room reminds me of a Wendy's or other similar counter-service restaurant. It was reasonably clean when I was there, but I think they were tidying up in prep for closure. The food itself was OK; nothing special or memorable. A filling meal after a long day on the road, but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

There are several better places to get BBQ in the Memphis area but Tops burgers, especially the cheeseburger, are hard to beat. Fresh off the grill and dressed to perfection.