“Wide range of cuisine but only average fare”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Chicken Coop #2
Ranked #51 of 103 Restaurants in Olive Branch
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I happened upon this restaurant during a stay at the adjacent Whispering Woods Hotel. I ordered chicken tenders and teh daily special of a fried shrimp side. The order took almost 20 minutes to prepare, and they were not busy. When I returned to the hotel, I discovered tha they had left out the requested dipping sauce. The fries were also regular, or at least tasted like regular, rather than seasoned.

I give them credit for some pretty out-there items like chicken gizzards, but they could use a little work on the basics first.

The counter man suggested calling ahead next time, and I would recommend doing so.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped in one day because we had heard about the Chicken Coop. I can tell you that we have never had wings like these! These guys should be on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Best wings ever!!!

Reviewed 10 February 2016

The food here is consistently very good. I would recommend they clean the place up a little as it is fairly dirty looking inside.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

The Olive Branch Chicken Coop has delicious food that is consistently good. Usually I bring the wings home, but one time I ate there and I started to notice how badly the restaurant was kept up. It is uncomfortably hot and you will smell like fried food when you leave due to poor ventilation (this is normal for small restaurants that fry their food - not picking on this place). I was the only one who sat there and ate. I think the 2 guys working there were embarrassed b/c they started cleaning around me. They are so used to everyone picking up their food to take home that when I sat down to eat, they became a little uncomfortable. Anyway, the only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because of the state of the restaurant - the food is worth 5 stars.

1  Thank JRees67