“What a gem!!!!”

Taqueria La Guadalupe
Ranked #22 of 157 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Small family owned and operated restaurant that offers authentc Mexican food that you will not find in most Mexican restaurants in the area. Large portions at resonable prices. Small restaurant that does a huge take out business. Needs to be listed.
Reviewed 14 September 2014

We were staying in Jackson and looking for a place for dinner, read the reviews and decided to give it a try for dinner. Outside isn't fancy but walk inside the door and authentic wonderful Mexican food awaits. The restaurant is quite small, very clean. Great, friendly, helpful service. We both had the taco trio --one pork , a chicken and a beef served in warm homemade corn tortillas. What a true delight! The meat on each taco was perfectly seasoned. Our server presented 3 different sauces from which we could choose. One was quite hot so I chose the medium and he the mild. The medium sauce was SO good, just the right amount of heat and a great compliment to the meat in the tacos. You pay for the fresh chips and salsa and it's SO worth it. The chips are fresh and served warm, the salsa freshly made with the flavor of fire roasted tomatoes --excellent. I am not a real fan of guaomole but decided to order it. Excellent! Just the right amount of creamy and chunky texture, fresh flavor, I could become a fan if all guacomole were this good. This place is the REAL DEAL! We have grown weary of the same oh same oh boring Mexican food. Just wish we had this in our town. Price is great, food and service excellent! Thanks for a delightful experience.

4  Thank Alabamatripcreator

Reviewed 4 September 2014

Amazing food! Soooooo good!
Get the Empeñadas!! Oh my gosh!! Oh and the chocolate tres leches desert!! WOW!!

4  Thank Cheers12345
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I would definitely eat here again. The food was really good and not what you get at a typical mexican restaurant. I was a little surprised that you had to pay for the chips and salsa but it was very good and worth it. We also got guacamole that was made fresh and the cheese dip was great too. We will return if we're in the area again.

4  Thank Jaylasmom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great Mexican restaurant. In general I have gotten tired of Mexican fare but this place redefines the flavors with corn tortillas made fresh, cilantro and avocado slices. The tacos are just wonderful. The prices are very reasonable and the service has been good.

3  Thank annet108
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a small location, and a larger location has opened in Madison across the street from walmart! At either location you will receive great service, and even better food! The food is prepared fresh, and it is just delicious. I crave this place atleast once a week. I love their carne tacos!

3  Thank BreeRenee