“Needs upgrade”

Super 8 St. Louis Airport
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Older Super 8, needs some work. I arrived on a Thursday evening and immediately noticed the ice machine was out of order. My nonsmoking room had numerous burn holes in the bedspread. I had to log in to their Wifi every time I used my computer. Their breakfast was sparse, only one type of bread (wheat) and had to ask to get milk refilled.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Super8StlAirport, Manager at Super 8 St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

We thank you for the feedback. we do appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. We do apologize for the unfortunate experience you had with WiFi and ice machine. Having said that, we always aim to improve so we can provide better experience to our guests. We will hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

This is the 2nd time i review this hotel, trip advisor didn't post it b/c i mentioned the "lovely creatures" we found in bed, aka " bed b---"
I travelled around the world in many countries and i can definitely say this hotel take the prize for worst hotel i've seen in my entire life, and shame on you "wyndham group" for including this hotel in your group.
Cons:
1-rooms extremely dirty, hair everywhere, sheets and covers are filled with holes, dirty carpet, suspicious stains everywhere
2-paper thin walls, we were woken in the middle of the night for 2 days on the loud sounds of our neighbors being " intimate"
3-homeless people wandering the hotel begging for money!!
4- the 3rd night there was a huge fight in the hotel, people banging, shouting and kicking the ice machine and no one from the staff even bothered to see what's going on
5-the breakfast was so limited that one day we headed to the breakfast area we only found 2 slices of bread, no one cared to restock the food
6- the worst part is the surprise we had the first night in the hotel, my husband felt something on his hand and there were 3 " lovely creatures " running on the bed, we managed to kill 2, and the 3rd one escaped behind the headboard, i managed to take a picture for the escaped " insect ".
We immediately headed down to the reception at 4 am in the morning and they gave us another room. In the morning one of the staff came in and told us he checked the room and there were no " creatures" whatsoever and my husband told them he killed 2 with his own hands.
This is basically our experience at the hotel

Pros:
1- good water pressure in the shower. This is the only positive thing about this hotel that i can think of.

Stayed: March 2017

We are extremely sorry that you did not like our service. We will look in to the issues you have experienced in our management meetings. We thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

The only problem I had was with the key cards. They did not always work and twice I had to get an employee to open my door

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for giving us a positive feedback. I do apologize about the inconvenience with the key cards. . I thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Ciggarette burns in comforter and sheets. Did not feel clean. Two face towels Two small bath towels. Very low budget. Room was in the lobby area when you open your door. Lack of privacy. I did not stay to enjoy the money I paid for my husband and I. We did not feel comfortable. My advice....Avoid this place. If you have to go ask to see the room first. I was very disappointed that was not advertised when booking this room.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 35love
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#9 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry

Been to Super 8 St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!