“The staff are amazing at customer service -- they go out of their way”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Taz looks after me every week holding my luggage; accepting packages; he is the quintessential of customer loyalty

Joanne and Paige in the concierge again are pleasant and always willing to help. Great long term staff at the Marriott

Room Tip: If you like being close to the Concierge; East Tower; Pool and restaurant are in the West Tower; bet...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
rkonz, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Rhonda D,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback. I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences especially regarding Toz, Joanne and Paige. We will use your feedback to better our services and accommodations to our guests. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Spent one night due to early flight out the next morning. Room was nice but had issue with candy wrappers in night stand drawer, bottle of milk floating in ice bucket, dried wash cloth hanging on shower curtain, and small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc. were mostly empty. Not a huge deal but made me wonder how well room had been cleaned. Did not report to front desk but left a note for housekeeping.

Stayed: May 2017
rkonz, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Kim T,

We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

The park and stay option worked out well and the staff was pleasant and helpful.

The hotel bar is nice and the shuttle is fast and clean.

The breakfast is limited at 4:45am but that is true everywhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
rkonz, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Erik_saluki,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences especially regarding our park and fly options. We will use your feedback to better our services and accommodations to our guests. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We stay at this hotel frequently and have always had great experiences. On our last visit, I was traveling with my two daughters. My six year old was recently diagnosed with Celiacs and she must eat gluten free. We usually have breakfast in the Concierge Lounge. I asked Joann if they had any gluten free bread. She said they did not, but she could have some available for us the next morning. The next day she did have the bread. It appeared to me that she took her own personal time and money to get this bread for us! I was so touched by her willingness to go above and beyond. I really appreciated the level of service Joann provided. I felt appreciated as a customer, which is a rare occurrence in today's world. Thank you for the excellent service!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
rkonz, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Sarah S,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences especially regarding Joanne's service. We will use your feedback to better our services and accommodations to our guests. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott St. Louis Airport Hotel recently both arriving into St. Louis and leaving. We stayed in the East Tower as we are Gold members and have access to the concierge lounge. The hotel rooms could use some updating but are still comfortable. The concierge lounge hostess was very friendly and helpful and the offerings were certainly sufficient to remove any need for a full dinner! I would say the General Manager sent emails following each of our nights at the hotel and was responsive to several comments I shared with him He understands customer service! We plan to return when in the area.

Room Tip: East Tower provides access to concierge lounge for those who pay and for Elite Members.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
rkonz, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Prescott2007,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences as it affords us a valuable opportunity to improve on our services. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Ryan Konz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!