“Never fails to impress!”
Review of Bricklayers Arms

Bricklayers Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
Bricklayers Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Flaunden
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in leafy Flaunden in Hertfordshire, this award-winning gastro pub certainly looks the part. From the ivy-covered exterior to the cosy dining room with its beamed ceilings and open fires, the Bricklayers Arms is a charming eatery serving fine wine and Anglo French fare. Over the years the Bricklayers Arms has won critical acclaim from the Michelin Guide, the AA Pub Guide and the Good Pub Guide. It continues to impress local foodies and travelling gourmets with a passion for locally sourced food and warm, friendly atmosphere. Signature dishes include a selection of home-smoked fish with lemon and coriander butter; the home-smoked duck breast with duck liver mis-cuit; and the fillet of 21-day aged Bedfordshire beef served with green peppercorn flavoured brandy cream sauce.
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Me and my fiancé came here to celebrate our anniversary together.
We were given a nice table by the window.
Starter is our favourite out of everywhere we have ever eaten (and that is saying something). We always have the duck liver parfait! For mains I had the chicken breast with chicken thigh croquette. Wasn't too fond of the bbq vegetable sauce but the main was beautifully cooked.
My partner had the lamb cannon. He could not stop going on about how beautifully it was cooked. For afters I had some sorbet - pear and apricot. Oh my god - so refreshing!
We had a drink each as well (I had champagne to celebrate and my partner had a cider).
Total bill was £77 which I thought was good. Looking forward to coming back.

1  Thank Katy020387

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

A friend and I had a wonderful lunch at the Bricklayers Arms today. Although not cheap the food was presented well and tasted delicious. It is truly a gastro pub with fabulous food. There was good, friendly and attentive service and a lively buzz in the place. well worth a visit.

1  Thank Will0w2014
Reviewed 14 June 2016

We were a group attending a conference at the nearby Latimer Place and were recommended the Bricklayers Arms. A friend thought it was just a couple of minutes away - turned out to be a nice 45 minutes walk. We had a pleasant surprise on our arrival: first, a nice welcome by the friendly staff; second, a restaurant full of history; and third, a very good selection of English dinner options.

1  Thank SHamel67
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Me and my family had such a lovely lunch, Roast beef and lamb was really lovely, staff very friendly, quick service 5*.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

This is what a Gastropub should be. You are spoilt for choice on the menu. Amazing service and great ambience.

Fair prices for what the quality of the food is.

Caters quite well for vegetarians.

2  Thank Katanga2