“amazing fine dining experience”
Review of Level 2 Steakhouse

Level 2 Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Level 2 Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 411 Restaurants in Branson
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Had an all around great experience at Level 2. When we made our reservation, the gentleman on the phone informed us that they offer complimentary valet parking at the Hilton for Level 2 diners which we took advantage of. The host greeted us immediately and sat us in a nice booth. The dining room lights are pretty dim. But with the candles on the table, it sets a nice atmosphere. Our server was Jason and he may be one of the best servers that we've ever had. He was very knowledgeable and polished. The wine list is great. Probably the best one that I've seen so far in Branson. Our server talked us into getting the Palermo cab which is now one of my favorite wines. We ordered the ahi tuna appetizer which is served on an illuminated pink salt block. The flavor was incredible. Our server brought out the house knife collection for us to choose from. There are 5 or 6 knives that you can pick to use for dinner. My wife and I both ordered steaks. The sides are extra and served family style. Both of our steaks were cooked perfectly. The sides were very nice as well, especially the steakhouse's mac and cheese. My only critique would be that the steaks need some sort of presentation. It's just a steak on a big, white plate. For dessert, we got the butter cake which was great as well. Definitely our favorite dining experience in Branson so far. The prices are expensive. But then again, good cuts of beef aren't cheap.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Service was legitimately bad, granted it was NYE, but still. The seared tuna must have been cooked by someone who had never seen or tried seared tuna. It was a grey 3x3 cube of completely cold fish. Not seared, not even warm- just lightly griddled to an alien-skin grey. I mentioned to the waitress that my entire plate was room temperature and she took it to the kitchen, where they proceeded to cook the absolute crap out of the tuna. I guess they thought I did not like that the middle was red, which was not the case- i did not like that it was served at room temperature. It had obviously been sitting a while. The accompanying vegetables looked like microwaved, frozen grocery store vegetable medley. We had to ask for bread and it was dry. For a restaurant to ask about 50 bucks a person, it needs to be pretty decent. This one is not. It is hot garbage. They did take the tuna off the bill and I left hungry. Some of the other dishes looked better than the tuna, to be fair. Could not believe they plate the 6 ounce petite filet in the middle of a large white plate with nothing else. Seemed lazy.

5  Thank dave234562018
Reviewed 18 December 2017

It is a pleasant surprise to find a restaurant of Level 2's quality in Branson. This is a fine dining establishment equal to Ruth Chris and nearly Del Frisco's. Steaks, tuna, lamb all are very delicious. Service is excellent. Sides are all great and the grilled Caesar salad is not to be missed. Salad, entrée and sides will run you approximately $50/person. This is probably the best restaurant in SW Missouri and certainly better than anything in Springfield.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Just finished up my 3rd conference at the Hilton in Branson. I always eat at least one meal at the Level 2 Steakhouse ... dinner. From steaks to burgers... the food is good to average but overpriced compared to meals you can get across the street in the Promenade. Interestingly, my friends had the same dessert two nights in a row... served with ice cream that was frozen so hard, it couldn't be cut with a knife. Kind of hard to believe, I know... but true.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We decided to have en evening in Branson. We decided to have dinner at Level 2 Steakhouse as this was toted as the best steakhouse in 417-land by many of our friends. Sadly, this did not live up to its name/brand. When entering the restaurant, there was no host at the stand and I guess he was seating another table, which took about 5-10 minutes. As soon as he arrived, he registered our reservation and we were sat down and given some menus. We did not receive any service for at least 10 minutes. Actually there was enough time before we saw our waitress that I was able to go use the restroom that was actually outside the restaurant and around the corner and come back with time to spare before we were greeted by our waitress. As soon as she greeted us, the service sped up to the exact opposite to the point where we felt a little rushed. The food is expensive but did not seem to match the quality. We ordered the seared ahi tuna as the starter but it was more like sashimi; I love sashimi but my fiancée is not a fan of raw fish. Either way I liked the starter but she did not. We ordered salads as well, which were too large for what they were to be; dinner salads. I ordered the filet mignon with the wet blackened rub and mushrooms. The steak was cooked perfectly but the rub was less to be desired. My fiancée had the salmon which did not taste like what was described on the menu. To complete the meal, we had their signature butter cake. The dessert came with ice cream and homemade whip cream. The ice cream was too hard to scoop with a spoon so we ended up mostly having cake and whip cream. The cake was good. Overall, I feel that this is not a top restaurant in 417-land and there is much work to be done to be worthy of those prices.

2  Thank Bella P

Been to Level 2 Steakhouse? Share your experiences!