“Good cozy campground.”

Compton Ridge Campground and Lodge
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Enjoyed the stay at Compton Ridge Campground, but units were very close yet mostly elvel. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. However, Wi-Fi was sporadic and mostly non-existent. Very rarely could get on and stay on.

Room Tip: Did not stay at the lodge.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

This is not the same Compton Ridge that we stayed at several years back. That is now Branson Ridge and it is private. When making reservations we were lead to believe that Compton Ridge has all of the amenities and nothing had changed. When we got here it is a hole in the wall. Don't waste your money. After a long days drive I didn't appreciate finding out I had been lied to. We could have stayed at Branson Ridge if we had been willing to sit through a 90 minute sales pitch. What a scam!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank WaltA49
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

No one on site to help, didn't even give us new towels or make bed, no directions to where to check in, drove to next site and found out we check-in there. Remote didn't work and no help on premise.
Just warning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rderick
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

If it wasn't for the location this place would be a 1. Sites are not maintained with terraced sites eroding away and gravel very uneven. The "cabana" picnic shelters at outside sites are ok but we did not want to use them for fear of getting eaten by chiggers. Other campers so close they were set up on to of fire ring or else your fire ring was next to their water and sewer. Check in abysmally slow, you have to go to a different campground to check in and someone guides you to the campground to choose a site. When we were there the golf cart guy was sitting in the office chatting while we waited a full 20 minutes idling waiting to go. Overpriced. Cable worked, but there is NO wifi anywhere in the campground, even though they give you a code (upon asking at check in) there must be some in the main campground reserved for members only I guess. Avoid this place! It was the last place with sites available on a holiday weekend for a reason!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheLongLongTrailer
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

My family has been coming to this campground since as early as I can remember - my parents only came to this campsite when they camped in Branson and now my wife and I have continued the tradition. I just called to reserve my 4 night stay - which we do every year around this time - and it is now $42 A NIGHT to stay in a TENT. Are you kidding me? How can the price for a Tent be the same as an RV? $42???? There's no way I am paying that to run a heater at night. That's all Tent sites run electricity on really. $42 for a Tent??? I'm blown away. It really upsets me - I'm not going to pay that. Last year - I sucked it up and paid $30. I thought that was a tad bit high - but not too bad. But $42??? Unbelievable.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple