All reviews ocean suite east room whale watching outdoor shower carrot cake attention to detail walker bay owners and staff nothing is too much trouble guest house second to none south africa views are spectacular western cape private balcony memorable stay amazing location
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at Cliff Lodge for 2 nights, but that was far too short. Staff and owners offer real friendliness and you can't ask for better service and Cliff Lodge offers stunning views as well! Excellent!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed in the penthouse suite last week. The room is huge, the view is amazing, a lounge chair on the terrace, breakfast was very good....
Warm welcome by Chantelle, thank you, you made us feel at home.
5 star rating for me.
Excellent restaurant near by: Red Indigo at grootbos nature reserve.

Room tip: go for the penthouse suite
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This place may not the cheapest but is so worth! Stunning view and unbelievable caring and nice people. Excellent breakfast, room with all(!) extras, good restaurants nearby - theres nothing you will miss

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed in the Penthouse room this March(2014) the views alone are enough reason to stay.
Immaculate accommodation with first class facilities to match any hotel in a 4/5 star rating.
Without rambling on with pointless comments i simply ask myself the question would i stay here again? -Absolutely 100% faultless

1  Thank jeff h
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Cliff Lodge was our last stop of my husband and my two week honeymoon. We were looking for a quite place in a beautiful setting where we could completely relax before returning to real life. We found it (mostly) in the Cliff Lodge. It is absolutely beautiful. Remote, serene, just perfect. We were thrilled just to hang in and be together. Unfortunately, Gideon, the owner, was a bit too aggressive about wanting to plan us activities and things to do. We really did just want to hang in. If I had to choose again, I would have considered a larger property where we could have been more anonymous and not gotten quite so much attention from the owners and staff. I know it sounds like a crazy complaint, staff being too attentive, but some more privacy and autonomy would have improved our visit. But beautiful property in a really lovely location.

Date of stay: January 2014
Shapiros, Owner at Cliff Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Meredith
We love the Overberg, and love what we do. I accept that sometimes my passion for our area might be overwhelming, and apologize that this was the case for you. I do however feel that personal attention and excellent service is what differentiates us from hotels, and is what the majority of guests that choose a guest house are looking for.
Regards Gideon